Betty Crocker Country Favorites Cookbook  » Recipes  »
  • The book is easy to read, something important to me since my eyesight isn't the best
  • Overall, I'm happy with the book and looking forward to preparing many of the recipes found within the bookbook

• by Orrymain

In my house, Betty Crocker has always been the standard. I grew up with all kinds of BC cookbooks. It’s been a long time, though, since a new one has been acquired. Recently, an opportunity came up to get a new cookbook, the Betty Crocker Country Cookbook. Just reading its description made me hungry!

The book is easy to handle and is full of

recipes designed for family gatherings. Servings tend to be anywhere from 4 to 16. I knew that going in, but I was hoping for a few more small portions to be included. While there are a lot of baked items, in this day and age of ‘careful what you eat’, I was also hoping for a few more baking or broiling options. Of ...

• course, there are many baked items, but as I perused the book, I kept seeing things that made me think, “Oh, I wish this was baked and not fried.”

The book is easy to read, something important to me since my eyesight isn’t the best. The directions for the recipes I’ve checked are spelled out and easy to follow.

One thing I miss is the lack of photographs, however.

While there are certainly lots of images to display the finished product, there are fewer than I’d like to see. Many pages have plenty of room for pictures to illustrate one or more of the recipes on them. On this, the lack of color, so to speak, is glaring.

Overall, I’m happy with the book and looking forward to preparing many of the recipes found within the bookbook.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 493107415350731/k2311a0731/7.31.08