Sprint
0.5
  • Cell phone companies are famous for uncaring, manipulative customer service, but over the course of the past year, Sprint has been losing money at an astonishing rate due to theirs

• by pgrundy

Cell phone companies are famous for uncaring, manipulative customer service, but over the course of the past year, Sprint has been losing money at an astonishing rate due to theirs. I know why.

Before I dropped my service with them, I had an unsettling incident in which I slid into a ditch early in the morning (while it was still dark) during a blizzard.

I was on a

country road, and I could not get my cell phone to work.

The next day, I stopped into a Sprint store to ask if there was any way I could prevent that from happening again and was told by the two young men working that figuring that out was not their job, that I would have to call Sprint’s 800 number.

No one else was in the store.

...

• I said, well, I work in customer service myself, and no one is here, why can’t you call right now and find out for me? At which point they started to make fun of me by repeating everything I said in a phony female voice and making sarcastic comments.

I left, called the 800 number and said I would never use their service again.

Now the new CEO

is trying to pretend like he cares.

Yet nothing is any different.

My husband dropped them after 5 years–he was on a month to month plan, no contract, and they charged him a $150 early termination fee anyway and would not refund it.

A week after getting letter from collections (he refused to pay it), he got a form letter from Spring saying, “We value your business.

Please come back.

Sprint

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222907414230531/k2311a0729/7.29.08