Captains of Crush Hand Grippers  » Sport  »
  • I don't think it should come as a surprise that my expectations were met
  • I found them quite heavy, and frankly, pretty indestructible

• by Aymon

I recently purchased two ‘Captains of Crush’ grippers, Supposedly some of the most well made hand grippers available on the market today.

Due to the marketing hype, I was expecting something extraordinary. I don’t think it should come as a surprise that my expectations were met.

The company that produces them, ‘Iron Mind’, is a ‘household’ name to Fitness geeks and gym

rats alike. They are renowned for the quality of their produce.

They came wrapped securely in a plastic mould which was hard to get open, if you’re worried about shipping damage, well, you shouldn’t be. Upon opening the box and removing the grippers, I instantly realised what the ‘hype’ was about.

These aren’t your regular run of the mill plastic grippers. They are ...

• intended for serious, down-to-business grip strength and forearm training, specifically crushing strength and strength in the individual fingers. I found them quite heavy, and frankly, pretty indestructible. The handles had a sharp, tight, knurling ensuring a strong grip on the handle bars, especially if you’ve got sweaty hands. The spring was tight and noiseless. Engravings on the gripper served as markings
        for the authenticity of the product.

Most importantly, It was extremely tough to close, and I only bought the so-called ‘Trainer!’ (100 pounds of resistance.)

The grippers go up into uncharted territories, the No. 4 gripper provides 365 lbs. of resistance. Only a handful of people in the world have closed it.

In closing, If you’re serious about forearm development and grip training, they’re a must have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 352907414220531/k2311a0729/7.29.08