Six Flags Magic Mountain Santa Clarita  » Travel  »
1.5
26101 Magic Mountain Pky, Santa Clarita, CA 91355
  • The wait for this ride is similar to Tatsu, but this is what I came for so I'm not leaving until I experience it

• by Sterling23

Are you a thrill seeker wanting to ride plenty death defying rides at an amusement park? Well Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) is not for you. The popularity has murdered this amusement park.

I went to SFMM with a group of friends for my first time to the park. I had heard a lot about a couple new rides they were offering at the time. One ride I had a particular interest in was The Superman ride. I remember I had seen a special Top 10 rides on the Discovery Channel and this Superman ride was listed somewhere in the Top 10 for the technology it employs.

Anyways, it was a hot Saturday morning around 9:00 a.m. when my group left for the park. We arrived there around 10. Got in at around 10:15, ate really quickly, used the bathroom and essentially all the little things out of the way so we could devote as much time as possible to riding rides.

The first ride we

go to get on was Tatsu. It’s rated “extreme” on Six Flags’ website. Anyways, we go to get in line for the ride and we are simply shocked at how long the line is. We ask the people in charge of issuing numbers how long the wait is and they reply, “3 hours”. Unbelievable. So we leave this ride and try another “extreme” ride nearby. Same response. It became very clear at that moment what the situation was on this Saturday morning at SFMM. Now, we go back to Tatsu because one of the members of the group really wanted to ride it and since we were going to wait at least 3 hours no matter what, why not? We get in line and waited in the blistering heat. And wait. And wait. Finally get close enough to get under shade. Then as another hour and a half go by, we get close enough to sniff the ride. Given our luck though, the ride malfunctions ...

• and has to be fixed and run emptied for a test run. After seeing movies like Final Destination, a couple of us get second thoughts about this. But for me, “wasting” 3 hours of my life in an amusement park ride, I was going to ride Tatsu hell of high water. So we wait another 45 minutes for the repairs to be complete and me and one other person from my group get on.

The ride was fun, but needless to say, it was not worth the near 4 hour wait. Now, most of us are tired. My feet hurt from standing so much and some of us are hungry again. We get $8 dollar burgers (ridiculous) and try to recover. We decide the next ride we’d like to get on is the Superman ride. The wait for this ride is similar to Tatsu, but this is what I came for so I’m not leaving until I experience it. Fortunately, the line moved a bit quickly

and we only (relatively speaking) waited for about 2 hours before we were seated in the ride’s seats. This ride was over before you knew it, but it was pretty cool.

Overall, Six Flags Magic Mountain is a victim of it’s own popularity. On days such as a Saturday in the middle of the summer, it’s nearly impossible to ride more than 3 rides without doing some illegal cutting. Not only are the lines a bummer, but the park is located in hot Santa Clarita. And apparently the only place hotter than Santa Clarita on a summer day is Hell. Lastly, the prices of food almost make you want to starve yourself while at the park, but then you realize how you may not make it out alive with no food in this heat and you cave in to the prices. Although the rides are fun, I feel as if I have to give Magic Mountain a poor rating due to no fault of its own really.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382807413580931/k2311a0728/7.28.08