Norelco Spectra 8865 XL  » Electronics  »
  • I bought my Norelco Spectra after having borrowed my dads
  • Its definately one of the best electric shavers Ive ever had with a few neat features, a great, quiet shave, and a nice feel
  • I decided to give it a few weeks like the instructions said for my skin to adjust
  • Its not as smooth at the other shaver, so if you have very sensitive skin like me, Id recommend looking at that shaver

• by Rally
      I bought my Norelco Spectra after having borrowed my dads. Its definately one of the best electric shavers Ive ever had with a few neat features, a great, quiet shave, and a nice feel. My shaver came out of the package with a instruction manual, charger, travel pouch and a cleaning brush.

My first impression was it didnt glide across my face that well, and it was slightly irritating my skin. I adjusted the comfort leve down to the most sensitive level using the scroll wheel on

the side of the head of the shaver and tried again.

It was a definate improvement, but still felt too harsh. My dads was the earlier cool blue version, but it felt much better.

I decided to give it a few weeks like the instructions said for my skin to adjust. I got used to it after about two weeks and Im still using it.

Its not as smooth at the other shaver, so if you have very sensitive skin like me, Id recommend looking at that ...

• shaver. The shaver does have several other good qualities though.

Its very quick, and the battery life is exceptional. Just plug it in for one night and you wont need to charge it again for several weeks.

It has a nice battery meter on the front that lets you know exactly how much life is left. Once it gets to about 20 percent you should charge it up again, since the speed of the shaver starts to drop off at that point.

Cleaning is a snap, just press

a button, the head swings up, and you can dump it in the sink. Its water proof, so you can just rinse it under the faucet, which is really nice.

Overall it feels very comfortable in your hand, and has gripping material so it wont slip out of your hand when it gets wet. It has a nice metallic, color changing finish, with a flip out beard trimmer on the top.

Its a great shaver if your skins not super sensitive, with nice features that most shavers in its price range just dont have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16180341320131/k2311a0318/3.18.06