Carmex
  • Before, I used the cherry Chapstick glue like lip balm to cure my chapped lips problem
  • I found a very good alternative in Carmex
  • I like the fact that I can usually apply Carmex in the morning and on an average day, that one application will last me the entire day without leaving my lips dry or crusted over
  • On an extreme temperature day, cold or hot, I'd usually have to apply Carmex about twice a day to avoid chapped lips
  • I noticed I would go through a stick of Chapstick nearly once a month because I would have to apply it so often as it wears off

• by Sterling23

I’ve been using Carmex lip balm for about 6 months now. Before, I used the cherry Chapstick glue like lip balm to cure my chapped lips problem. I never really cared for that particular kind of Chapstick because it took so many applications to get my desired level of lip moisture so I was looking for a change. I found a very good alternative in Carmex.

Carmex uses nothing but natural ingredients in their lip balm products and it shows as there’s

no irritation. Unlike a waxed stick of Chapstick, Carmex contains menthol which gives the user a cooling effect (something I look forward to every morning). Carmex is more of a balm than a wax and as a result, it dissolves quickly into the lips of the user and after using Carmex for an extended period of time, I can say that my lips appear pinker and healthier than before.

I like the fact that I can usually apply Carmex in the morning and on an average day, that one application will last me the entire day without leaving my lips dry or crusted over. On an extreme temperature day, cold or hot, I’d usually have to apply Carmex about twice a day to avoid chapped lips. Also, as a male, I don’t want a lip balm that shines like a woman’s lip gloss. Carmex gives off a slight sheen. Nothing too noticeable or too feminine, allowing a fellow such as myself to use ...

• Carmex
      it without any of those concerns.

I usually opt for the .35 oz tube. I’ve used 3 tubes in 6 months which is pretty good considering I lost one of them while it was about half way full. I’ve found that this lip balm not only works, but lasts a much longer time than a stick of Chapstick. I noticed I would go through a stick of Chapstick nearly once a month because I would have to apply it so often

as it wears off.

A couple other positives is that Carmex is conveniently located in your local grocery store and at a reasonable price. My .35 oz tube is usually about a dollar. Not too much to ask for healthy lips.

Depending on how you view it, one negative (or positive) of Carmex though is that it has a tendency to sell out because of it’s popularity and price tag.

Anyways, Carmex is a solid 10 out of 10 in my book.

Carmex
Jasmine says :

re : I noticed I would go through a stick of Chapstick nearly once a month because I would have to apply it so often as it wears off
only applying once is enough for me it leaves my lips feeling nice and soft

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312807413060831/k2311a0728/7.28.08