Gillette Mach 3 Razor  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • These blades of mach 3, seems to be of a different quality, I found G2 better, despite of 2 blades
  • I don't think just because a thing is new, and its looking better in concept, it qualifies as an replacement alternative
  • Mach 3 set of 3 cost my around 4 USD, whereas the same set of 5 Gillette G2 blades cost me under 3 USD
  • Also I don't think Mach 3 is a good buy for the price that it offers, which is considerable more than that of G2, however t he blade's sharpeners last for same number of days than G2, in fact I guess G2 razor lasted long in my case

• by hariram

I don’t experiment a lot with razors and blades as such, but some time back, my storekeeper told me to try this new razor it was kinda new in India then. I always used Gillette brand of razor, so I just thought of giving it a try.

This has a set of razor and a three bladed attachment, but somehow I was not comfortable with it.

I used Gillette’s G 2 blades before this, which

only had two razors.

So three basically means a better shave, and a less troublesome, but that was not the case.

These blades of mach 3, seems to be of a different quality, I found G2 better, despite of 2 blades.

I was not able to shave well with mach 3.

Although my friends liked it, and said it gives them better shave, but I guess they just say for the sake of it.

I don’t think ...

• just because a thing is new, and its looking better in concept, it qualifies as an replacement alternative.

I am more comfortable with Gillette g2 razor, may be that’s a personal choice, but then that’s the way it is for me.

Mach 3 set of 3 cost my around 4 USD, whereas the same set of 5 Gillette G2 blades cost me under 3 USD.

Also I don’t think Mach 3 is a good buy

for the price that it offers, which is considerable more than that of G2, however t he blade’s sharpeners last for same number of days than G2, in fact I guess G2 razor lasted long in my case.

And Mach 3 blades works only on its own razor, with which they come in, and that’s not the case with G2 blades, where we can use any typical razor to fixin.

So, I am back to Gillette G2 !!

Gillette Mach 3 Razor
    Girish Raval says :

I have bought two Gilette Mach3 razors and have found to be usable comfortably for 35 to 40 shaves.I am naturally happy with the product. I tried to send the unique code with my name for the above two purchases by sending SMS from my mobile number 9429612641 to mobile number 56677 as specified on the wrapper but got the message that number 56677 was not active. Can you advise me regarding any alternate way of communicating the unique code to participate in the lucky draw? Thanks. Girish Raval

George says :

re : These blades of mach 3, seems to be of a different quality, I found G2 better, despite of 2 blades
    I have tried a few different razors from gillette. I have a G2 as a backup and still find the shave better. Am now looking for another g2 as my no1 razor. The fusion power i have currently is just not cutting it.

Joanna says :

Hi George,

My husband liked the G2 as well. Unfortunately, I think they discontinued making them when the Mach 3 came out. If you are looking for a good razor, my hubby uses the Bic single bladed razors a lot. Although I prefer when he uses a straight razor, the Bic razors do a great job as well. They are widely available and are one two or three dollars for a 12 pack. Even though they are single bladed they are very sharp and do a great job. I would recommend them until you find another multi-bladed razor that you like.

Hope this helps,

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312707413010931/k2311a0727/7.27.08