Greek Islands Restaurant Chicago  » Restaurants  »
200 South Halsted Street Chicago, IL
  • If you enjoy Greek food and are in Chicago for any period of time, I highly recommend visiting this place at least once
  • As far as entrees - all of the dishes with lamb are really good, mediterranian chicken is awesome, and a hidden gem of the menu, I think, is baked shrimps
  • I can't really tell you which items to stay away from - my experience with the food here has been outstading
  • Visit Greek Isnalds Restaurant if you get a chance - you will not regret it

• by Zuks

Greek Islands is my favorite restaurant in Chicago’s Greektown. I’ve been there on multiple occasions, always ordered different menu item, and every time left the place with a full stomach and a great mood. If you enjoy Greek food and are in Chicago for any period of time, I highly recommend visiting this place at least once.

It’s hard

to pick my favorite menu items, but I will try. Among appetizers my favorite is Cold Plate Sampler, because you actually get to taste 3 different cold spreads, all of which are really good.

Flaming Saganaki Cheese tastes really good, but it’s the way it’s cooked that really grabs your attention - the cheese is set on fire and ...

• it burns for several seconds near the table. It is also delicious.

As far as entrees - all of the dishes with lamb are really good, mediterranian chicken is awesome, and a hidden gem of the menu, I think, is baked shrimps. I can’t really tell you which items to stay away from - my experience with the food here

has been outstading.

The only negative that I can tell you about restaurant is that I haven’t seen any female waitresses either - almost all servers are middle aged guys. That said, the guys there are really good at what they do, and we never had any issues.

Visit Greek Isnalds Restaurant if you get a chance - you will not regret it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72707412960931/k2311a0727/7.27.08