Rumrunners Restaurant Cape Coral  » Restaurants  »
5848 Cape Harbour Drive, Cape Coral, Florida 33914 tel. (239) 542-0200
  • Although the menu items have been good, such as the seafood pot pie, I have particularly enjoyed the daily specials, which usually involve beef or fish
  • If you are thinking of visiting Rumrunners, I would recommend that you call for a reservation because it can sometimes be quite busy
  • I know that I have been disappointed on more than one occasion when I have tried to pop in without a reservation, especially during the winter season

• by deem

Rumrunners is the largest of the restaurants in the Cape Harbour subdivision. It is located on the waterfront, directly on a canal, and actually located immediately adjacent to a marina. There are several dining rooms as well as tables that are located outside along the water.

You can arrive at the restaurant by car or by boat. If you arrive by boat you can pull up to the dock at the back of the restaurant.

Although Cape Coral prides itself on being a waterfront

community, unless you actually own property on the water, there are not many opportunities to actually enjoy the water views. Rumrunners, however, provides that opportunity.

I have taken several guest to dine there and they have all complimented the water views from the dining rooms. One of them commented that the atmosphere makes you feel like you are not in Cape Coral.

LOL I have eated there a number of times, sometimes ordering from the menu and sometimes from their daily specials. Although ...

• the menu items have been good, such as the seafood pot pie, I have particularly enjoyed the daily specials, which usually involve beef or fish.

All of the fish dishes from the daily specials have been excellent. I have also enjoyed the rumrunners alcoholic beverage and margaritas there.

I even ate Thanksgiving Dinner there one year and found the turkey special to be quite tasty. I hae also found the servers to be attentive as well.

The dress is relatively casual; however, you

will not feel out of place if you are dressed up to go to an event or special occasion. If you are thinking of visiting Rumrunners, I would recommend that you call for a reservation because it can sometimes be quite busy.

I know that I have been disappointed on more than one occasion when I have tried to “pop in” without a reservation, especially during the winter season. If you decide to try Rumrunners, I don’t think you will be disappointed by either the food or the atmosphere.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72707412640831/k2311a0727/7.27.08