Chanel Pro Lumiere concealer  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have not noticed it settling into fine lines, which is an important consideration, especially as we get a little older
  • Instead of a doefoot applicator, this concealer has a brush that I find convenient for getting into tight areas such as the inner corner of the eye
  • I believe the brush also allows for a more precise application of the product
  • All in all, I highly recommend the concealer, but I hope the applicator is improved in the future

• by deem

I have been using Chanel Pro Lumiere concealer for several weeks. It covers blemishes well as well as undereye dark circles. I have not noticed it settling into fine lines, which is an important consideration, especially as we get a little older.

I also find this concealer to be quite moisturizing. Although it “sinks right in”, it is blendable and does provide coverage.

corner of the eye. I believe the brush also allows for a more precise application of the product.

However, while the brush itself I am happy with, I wish that Chanel would find another applicator type for this product. Unlike most wand concealers, this concealer comes in a black tube with a brush that is located on the tube itself.

In order to get the concealer onto the brush, you have to turn a small “knob” at the opposite end of the tube. After several clicks,

• a small amount of concealer emerges into the brush itself and can then be applied to your skin.

I find this to be annoying because it is difficult to gauge when enough concealer is on the brush (though perhaps I will get the hang of this in time. ) It is also annoying, however, because the black opaque container makes it impossible to tell how much concealer still remains in the tube.

Inevitably, therefore, you either have to have a spare one already purchased (a not insignifcant purcase given

Chanel’s prices) or else wake up one day and try to click the concealer onto the brush only to find that you have run out of concealer. (I believe that this applicator is an attempt by Chanel to capitalize on the success of Touche Eclat by Yves Saint Laurant, which has a similar, though not identical, applicator.

However, that was one of the features I did not like about that product as well. ) All in all, I highly recommend the concealer, but I hope the applicator is improved in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312707412460831/k2311a0727/7.27.08