Bon Ami Polishing Cleanser

• by Amy Shannon

This is the most effective powder cleanser I have ever used. It’s perfect for the messiest baked-on foods you can imagine, and it will not scratch delicate dinnerware or even Teflon surfaces. If you are a frequent crock-pot cooker like I am, this is an indispensable part of your cleaning arsenal. Foods that have been simmering for hours can be difficult to clean with ordinary dish detergent, but if I sprinkle a small amount of Bon Ami into the crock, any dried-on residue wipes away effortlessly. It can even

get rid of that greasy feel that can remain on plastic containers even after automatic dishwashing.

Bon Ami is also great for removing soap scum from tubs and showers, and with far less scrubbing than other cleaners. It was years before I thought to apply its cleaning power in the bathroom, and I could kick myself for all the energy I’ve wasted. I can recommend it for a wide range of uses, from wood to stainless steel. I have yet to find a hard surface on which it isn’t effective.

• It can even reduce the appearance of set-in stains like mustard and red wine on counter-tops when other cleaners have no effect. It’s great for removing wax residue from candle holders or the glue left behind by product labels and price tags.

Much safer than powder cleansers like Comet or Ajax, it contains no bleach, dyes or perfumes. For those who are highly sensitive like me, this is a major bonus. The smell of many household cleaners sends me into a sneezing fit, followed by an almost instant headache. Many

of them also cause redness and itchiness on my skin. I have never felt any ill effects from using Bon Ami. In fact, the Consumer Product Safety Commission says that it is non-toxic, making it ideal for households with children or pets. It contains a biodegradable detergent that is safe for the environment.

The best thing about Bon Ami is the price, which remains under a dollar in my area. My mother introduced me to this product years ago, and since then I have never been without a can under my kitchen sink.

Bon Ami Polishing Cleanser

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532707412450831/k2311a0727/7.27.08