Nokia 2610  » Phones  »
  • I was camping in Zoar Valley 3 weeks ago and was still able to make calls, no problem

• by hapicaz

Well, the Nokia 2610 is my trusty cell phone. I have found it to have better durability and better reception than ANY of my friend’s fancy “flip-phones.

” To me, the flipping feature is only an invitation for another moving part to break, and if dropped, for the sound or display to suddenly stop working.

Not so with my Nokia phone.

I got it under

contract for seventy dollars two years ago, and while the display is a little scratched by now, and there is some sand in the battery compartment from trips to the beach, it is holding up just fine.

I expect it to last another two years, perhaps, overall a great value.

It stays charged for almost a week, and i am very happy that while ...

• my girlfriend’s phone is giving the “low battery beep” i usually still have 4 out of 6 bars remaining.

I am not sure whether the AT&T service is what makes my reception so good, but i would attribute part of the reception power at least to the 2610 model itself.

I was camping in Zoar Valley 3 weeks ago and was still able to

make calls, no problem.

My phone has been dropped on the floor, in a swimming pool, and in a pond, and has recovere fully each time.

The only complaint i might have would be that the phone is not good for gaming or internet surfing, but that’s not what i want it for.

The buttons are solid, and it’s easy to call, text, and store contacts.

Nokia 2610

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372507411810231/k2311a0725/7.25.08