Magic Fish Science Kit
  • I bought this science kit at a book fair for my 8-year-old son, Aaron
  • Unfortunately, not hardy enough for a 8-year to take care

• by vchong

How would you like to hatch your own pet fish from a tea bag? No kidding, you really can do it. Through high tech biological science, fish embryos contained within a special bag are ready to be hatched and their entire process closely observed.

I bought this science kit at a book fair for my 8-year-old

son, Aaron. I was skeptical at first when the promoter explained to me how it worked. He promised that there are 20 embryos in the bag and at least six will hatch.

So as soon as we got home, Aaron followed the easy instruction. Soak the magic bag in chlorine-free water and wait 24 hours. In ...

• the meantime, Aaron also had to prepare the sea-monkey as food for the fishes.

That night, Aaron was as excited as an expectant father, looking at the water bowl every half hour. The next morning, true enough, we saw two tiny fishes swimming. By the third day there were the promised six fishes swimming. We fed

the fishes the sea-monkey.

It has been two months since our purchase. Sadly, all the other fishes died except one. It is still less than 1cm long. We were told the fish is the Red-golden Dragon Fish from South Africa and South America region and it is very hardy.

Unfortunately, not hardy enough for a 8-year to take care.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292307410761231/k2311a0723/7.23.08