Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice
  • No, it's not some wonder food, but part of my dog's problem was her stool
  • As I've said in other reviews, I love convenience and hate cleanup
  • I was so impressed that I decided to buy a package for myself
  • I ate it right out of the convenient-sized pouch

• by Orrymain

Just over a week ago, my black lab became very ill. It scared me to death. Fortunately, she’s just about fully recovered now, and one of the reasons is Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, original style.

No, it’s not some wonder food, but part of my dog’s problem was her stool. A lot of people recommended giving her rice. As I’ve said in other reviews, I love convenience and hate cleanup. A friend of mine went to the store for me and brought back the Ready

Rice.

I loved it immediately. Two cups of rice come in a sturdy pouch. To cook, all you do is pull open the tab slightly for ventilation and then microwave, in the pouch, for 90 seconds. The pouch even has two ‘cool tabs’ so that when you remove it, you don’t get stung by a hot package.

It was quick and simple, just as I wanted. It was also steaming hot. I decided to sample a bite. After all, some foods lose in the translation between ...

• stovetop and microwave preparation. This did not.

My dog thought the rice was a bit loopy, and it took her a few seconds to realize she was indeed supposed to eat it, but she ate it all after her first moment of uncertainty.

I was so impressed that I decided to buy a package for myself. I chose the butter and garlic version. It was pretty good, too. I ate it right out of the convenient-sized pouch.

Last night, I gave my dog another bag of the original

Ready Rice, and she lapped it up quickly.

My dog being sick has had an odd benefit. Never one to eat a lot of rice, I see myself purchasing this Ready Rice more in the future because it is quick and easy. I’ll never be a big rice eater, but I realized I did enjoy my butter and garlic helping quite a lot. There are other varieties I may try as all.

So, for convenience and a healthy heart, as the package says, I’m all for this Ready Rice!

Uncle Ben's Ready Rice

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272307410671231/k2311a0723/7.23.08