Cedar Rapids Residents IA  » People  »
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
  • Cedar Rapids, Iowa I am very impressed with your community
  • They even had a small child with them, which I thought was great
  • I think the community of Cedar Rapids is strong and the people are great for helping those who need it in a tragedy such as the flood of 2008

• by angie

Cedar Rapids, Iowa I am very impressed with your community. I have spent several days at my sisters house that was flooded during the flood of 2008, and I can not tell you what your kindness means to me.

First of all, the residents are great.

Why you ask? Because while doing cleanup flood work, several very kind people were either walking

around the town or driving stoping to ask people if they would like a bottled water or some food.

On one given day, we had three different groups stop besides the Red Cross and asks if we would like a beverage or snack to help keep us going.

One group was walking around with a wagon pulling big thermos of coffee and offering ...

• cookies and scones from a local bakery.

They even had a small child with them, which I thought was great.

Showing the child that it is nice to volunteer and give to the needy is great.

Another gentleman stopped in his pickup truck.

His two girls were riding in the back, holding bags of chips.

He asked if he could offer

us some bottled water or chips.

Another van stopped and handed us 6 waters to help keep us hydrated.

I think the community of Cedar Rapids is strong and the people are great for helping those who need it in a tragedy such as the flood of 2008.

It may take a diaster for this to show through, but the kindness will not be forgotten.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 522107409801231/k2311a0721/7.21.08