Schiff Melatonin Pills  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I saw a news program on this and the program basically said that most doctors think that if you have a problem sleeping on a nightly basis then the best thing for you to do is take melatonin pills because they will provide you with more of this hormone and increased levels will trigger sleep when you want
  • So, since I do at times have this problem because I watch too much TV I had decided to try it
  • Since I had taken the pills I started to watch the film knowing full well that I would probably fall asleep in the middle of the film and miss it but I thought it would be a challenge to see if the pill could actually put me to sleep if I was doing something that I was slightly interested in
  • However, within thirty minutes I did not experience this feeling, I continued to watch the movie and a half hour after that I still did not feel the pills set in

• by rich

Melatonin is a hormone that is found naturally in your body and when your levels are elevated this will cause you to feel tired and eventually go to sleep. Normally, as the day progresses this hormone builds up within your body more and more and then eventually you will start to feel tired. If you choose to stay up then it will keep building until you hit the point where you can no longer stay up and your body will signal your brain this it is tired for you to call it quits.

hormone and increased levels will trigger sleep when you want. So, it works naturally and lets you tell your body when your ready to go to bed instead of it telling you while your waiting around for your levels to build.

So, since I do at times have this problem because I watch too much TV I had decided to try it. First let me see it was about $10 and so I figured that the product was an investment and if it worked well then it was worth it.

The bottle tells you that you should take two pills with liquid or food about 30 minutes before you were ready to go to sleep. After those 30 minutes you should feel the hormone start to increase in your body which will make you more tired and your body will ...

• feel it is ready to turn in.

I drank the water and then I popped the pills as I had been instructed to do, at this point I started to watch a movie which had been showing on TV. Since I had taken the pills I started to watch the film knowing full well that I would probably fall asleep in the middle of the film and miss it but I thought it would be a challenge to see if the pill could actually put me to sleep if I was doing something that I was slightly interested in.

If the pill did work then I could be sure that the hormone did work and I would be able to take it from now on since all of the news on this supplement said that the pills were non addictive

and that taking them would not harm your body in any way. This sounded too good to be true and so I wanted to know if it would actually work.

So I watched the movie and waited for my hormone levels to increase so that I would feel the tired feeling that I was now anticipating. However, within thirty minutes I did not experience this feeling, I continued to watch the movie and a half hour after that I still did not feel the pills set in.

Actually, I was able to watch the entire movie without ever feeling an increase in my need to sleep or an urge to take a rest. The pills did not work for me, I did expect that I would be able to trigger the tired feeling to my brain but it just never happened.

marilyn says :

How pure is the Schiff Melatonin Plus product? I notice a boatload of Other Ingredients listed on the package including titanium dioxide. And there is no USP seal on it. How concerned should I be about using this product?

Galega says :

Schiff Melatonin Plus is a very good product, which is widely used to control Melatonin hormone. Generally, if a person feel tired all day, he is prescribed this medicine.

Yes, Titanium Dioxide is there as an ingredient (tiny amount, though). If you are allergic to this compound, you should bring the fact to the notice of your doctor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262107409791231/k2311a0721/7.21.08