Visa Rush Card  » Finance  »
  • The Rush card is a product of Phat Farm founder Russel Simmons, one thing he does know how to do well is make money and manage his finances so I thought this would be a good thing to look into for my family members and I was very happy with what I got
  • As I said, this is great for parents who want to use it as a way to teach your child how to be responsible with the money they are given and it is convenient because you can set your account to directly deposit money into your child's card on a weekly basis if you wish
  • In a small way I would say this card has helped her grow up a lot, she has changed her outlook on the world because now she realizes that everything has a cost to it and she is more careful with the money she does spend and more selective with the things she wants because she is not given a huge amount of money

• by rich

The Rush card is a product of Phat Farm founder Russel Simmons, one thing he does know how to do well is make money and manage his finances so I thought this would be a good thing to look into for my family members and I was very happy with what I got. I ordered this card for my little sister who is far too young to have a bank account and the card is good because it teaches her how to do responsible and also manage her money.

She has the card and can check the balance so she knows exactly what she has in the account at all times, she is able to judge when she needs to save her money for something she wants to buy or if she is ready to buy something she needs.

When she goes out, she brings the card and they accept it from her, like I said since she is too young for a bank account this would not otherwise be possible but since this card is much like a debit card she can use her money from the card to swipe her card at Mcdonalds or order pizza over the phone or whatever.

The card is funded by my parents each week as a way to give her allowance, instead of handing her the money they just put the money directly into the account and let her do what she wants with it.

This way she learns how to budget and not overspend when she has no money coming in.

Also, sometimes I send her money as a gift on occasion and when I am not in ...

• town to give her money I use the option to deposit money into the card through Moneygram.

It is less expensive then a bank transfer option because the bank fee is quite costly on my end.

As I said, this is great for parents who want to use it as a way to teach your child how to be responsible with the money they are given and it is convenient because you can set your account to directly deposit money into your child’s card on a weekly basis if you wish.

In my family we choose to send money to the card just once a month because it works out better that way, she feels strained for money and she learns not to waste it on a pair of shoes or a video game or something that she does

not really need at the time because she needs to make the money that she does have in the account last for an entire month.

In a small way I would say this card has helped her grow up a lot, she has changed her outlook on the world because now she realizes that everything has a cost to it and she is more careful with the money she does spend and more selective with the things she wants because she is not given a huge amount of money.

I am very glad to have discovered this card because it allows children to learn life lessons while they are still young and this will lead to successful money management later in life.

I suppose this was the goal of the card considering the creator and it does the job very well.

ACACIA says :

IN DAYTON OHIO CAN YOU USE THE PREPAID CARD TO RENT RENTAL CARS????

Jules Li says :

Technically you are able to rent vehicles using the Rushcard. However, some rental car locations may not accept debit or prepaid. I would suggest checking with the agency to be sure.

Jennifer says :

I live in San Francisco, where do i go to deposit money into my rush card?

Jules Li says :

You can add money using MoneyGram and Western Union. However the easier way to add money would be to purchase a Green Dot MoneyPak. Here’s a link to find a seller of Green Dot Moneypaks in San Francisco:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 422107409781231/k2311a0721/7.21.08