Larmchont Vetinary Animal Hospital NY  » Pets  »
2061 Palmer Ave, Larchmont, NY
  • In my experience they are just there to attempt to treat the animal and get you out of their facilities and that was one thing I always hated about animal medicine, I guess the same could be said for animal medicine but especially in this category you never really find someone who actually cares about your situation at all
  • I told her that I would agree to anything she thought would save this iguana because we could both see that the animal was on his way out
  • I fed him liquid for a long time but as the calcium started to work he began to get stronger, he looked healthier and started to be able to swim again which was something he enjoyed
  • This is the best vet I have ever been to because she saved my animal and for that I am very thankful, also the price was very reasonable for such great service

• by rich

The first time I went to Larchmont Animal hospital was about three years ago and since I had been to a few other vets I did not expect much of this one. In my experience they are just there to attempt to treat the animal and get you out of their facilities and that was one thing I always hated about animal medicine, I guess the same could be said for animal medicine but especially in this category you never really find someone who actually cares about your situation at all.

I was really in need of some serious help because I had a pet iguana that was very sick, it had swollen jaws on the side of its face and it had stopped eating almost entirely and it would jay lay around and if you watched it breathe you

could see the animals rib cage and since it was not acting or looking normal I knew I was in trouble and that this animal was about to die.

I rushed it to this hospital and given the situation that I explained to the clerk I was given very fast access to the vet who asked me to bring the animal in.

She asked me to put the iguana on the table and she examined him and within a few minutes informed me that he had a calcium deficiency and that he was very weak and would need medication.

I told her that I would agree to anything she thought would save this iguana because we could both see that the animal was on his way out.

She gave him about three shots in his legs and one in ...

• his torso as I held him so that he could not escape but the animal barely seemed to noticed.

I was very scared because I had the iguana since it was a new born and I did not want to lose a part of my family.

She gave me a supplement to put on his food and a liquid medication to feed him orally and told me that I would have to go about feeding the iguana by hand in liquid form for about a month but she thought everything would be ok.

I felt good about the experience but I was scared that I would lose the animal, she said that I should not worry and that she would be there to support me.

That was the promise that she made me and she did keep it, when I

took the animal home she would call from time to time and check in on the status of the animal.

She told me what to feed the animal and how to do it and I followed her instructions.

I fed him liquid for a long time but as the calcium started to work he began to get stronger, he looked healthier and started to be able to swim again which was something he enjoyed.

This lady was very nice and she did help me through every step of the process and after that she did send us (me and my animal) a Christmas card during the holidays which was very nice.

This is the best vet I have ever been to because she saved my animal and for that I am very thankful, also the price was very reasonable for such great service.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292107408951031/k2311a0721/7.21.08