Oscar Mayer Deli-Creations  » Food  »
  • What I love about these handy lunch and dinner items is that everything you need (except for napkins) is in the package
  • In fact, if I want to be cost-efficient, I sometimes just use a third of the slices included and then save the rest for regular sandwiches later
  • The ultimate test is taste, and I've yet to be disappointed
  • I've stayed away from the Honey ham and Swiss simply because I don't like honey ham
  • I prefer mayo, so always have to get my own, but that's a personal preference

• by Orrymain

Last year, Oscar Mayer debuted its Deli-Creations line, and boy are they good! The goal behind the various sandwiches is to give the consumer ‘fresh baked taste in 60 seconds’. Amazingly, it’s true!

What I love about these handy lunch and dinner items is that everything you need (except for napkins) is in the package. For example, their Oven Roasted Ham and Cheddar Melt comes with a large sandwich bun, ham, cheddar cheese, Grey Poupon mustard, and Kraft light mayonnaise. Each item is packaged individually and is easy to open. That’s what I hugely enjoy!

This is the first time I’ve seen a product where everything you need is included and doesn’t require a knife, fork, or scissor to open. The packages keep the products fresh, and they are as easy to open as they are

advertised.

The bun is the right size for the luscious sandwich. Open it up and start layering the meat of the sandwich. They now have 5 varieties, including my favorite, Turkey Monterey. You don’t get just one or two slices, but several slices. This is a thick sandwich, just as if you went to a sandwich shop.

In fact, if I want to be cost-efficient, I sometimes just use a third of the slices included and then save the rest for regular sandwiches later. I’ve never missed not have all of the slices in my fresh baked sandwich because they include so much that even using a third of the slices is filling.

The condiments are included, though my one wish is for them to always include mayonnaise, and maybe even a larger packet (I love mayonnaise). Add ...

• the appropriate cheese (some come with cheddar, others with swiss), and you have your sandwich.

The package includes the microwave tray that the sandwich sets on. A minute later, it’s done, and the tray really does have cool spots that allow you to easily remove the hot food from your microwave.

The ultimate test is taste, and I’ve yet to be disappointed. I’ve had the Oven Roasted Ham, the Turkey Monterey, the Turkey and Cheddar Dijon, and the Steakhouse Cheddar. All top notch meals. I’ve stayed away from the Honey ham and Swiss simply because I don’t like honey ham.

Recently, they’ve come out with flatbreads, and tonight for the first time I had the fajita beef and salsa! Perfection! Put the flatbread on the microwave plate they provide, open the package of beef, spread out the

cheese, and add the sauce. Again, all in their own packages and all easily opened. No mess; no spills; no need for utensils! It tasted great! I look forward to trying some of the other flatbreads in the near future.

My only criticism, again, is that I wish the mayo packet was a little bigger, and they don’t include mayo in the Turkey Monterey (they have ranch dressing instead). I prefer mayo, so always have to get my own, but that’s a personal preference.

These foods taste great, are easy and quick to prepare, and they really do live up to their commercials. I love them so much that a few months ago, I called the company just to tell them how much I appreciated the product, and that’s not something I do often.

Deli-creations are a winner!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272107408841031/k2311a0721/7.21.08