Medela Mini Electric Plus
  • I bought the Medela Mini Electric Plus breastpump while I was still pregnant
  • I was determined to breastfeed my baby, so I decided to get the best brand for pumps
  • Another feature that I like is you can control the suction

• by milkmommy

I bought the Medela Mini Electric Plus breastpump while I was still pregnant. I was determined to breastfeed my baby, so I decided to get the best brand for pumps.

While the Mini Electric Plus is not Medela’s top of the line, it is good enough for a stay-at-home mom like me. It is a double pump, which means you can

pump both breasts at the same time. This is particularly useful if you need to pump both breasts, as this saves time, and also it helps trigger let-down more easily. Plus, when you have a let-down, your other breast will be leaking anyway, so you might as well pump it. You can collect more milk that way. You can also ...

• choose to pump just one breast if you like.

Another feature that I like is you can control the suction. You can adjust the power according to your preference.

It can be plugged into an electrical outlet, and can also run on batteries. This makes it very portable, and it’s lightweight, too.

But there are two downsides. First is, the suction has only one

speed. It is not designed to stimulate let-down. You might have to wait a while before a let-down is triggered. Another is the noise. It’s not loud enough to be heard from another room, but it’s loud enough to startle a sleeping baby.

All in all, I’m satisfied with this product. It does a good job of collecting precious breastmilk.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 542107408801031/k2311a0721/7.21.08