Hellraiser: Hellworld (2005)
  • Unfortunately it wasn't, but oddly enough it did keep my interest enough to not fast forward through
  • I found Hellworld entertaining due to the mystery surrounding the party and the occasional appearance of Pinhead and the Cenobites (I'm still hooked ever since I walked into that theater in 1987 to see the original one)
  • However, I was disappointed that they didn't really focus more on Pinhead and expand the whole gateway to hell story line but I guess we have enough history from the first seven to really care anymore

• by Dan W.

Ok so I rented another Hellraiser hoping that it would be somewhat related to what the original movie was about. Unfortunately it wasn’t, but oddly enough it did keep my interest enough to not fast forward through.

The plot centers around Chelsea, Mike, Allison, and Derrick who have recently lost their friend Adam to suicide. They were all involved in an on-line game called Hellworld which we presume has to do with the box, Pinhead, and the Cenobites. So anyway after Adam dies they continue to play the

game and end up invited to a party called Hellworld in a place called the Leviathan house. They soon find out that the party was organized by this unnamed creepy dude played by the immortal Lance Henriksen.

Ok, fair enough. Well, we soon learn that this creepy dude is a fan of the McCabe and has all sorts of weird things in store for these kids. The plot thickens, total chaos ensues, and old Lance (with the help of Pinhead?) slowly starts killing off the group one by

one with the climax revealing the real reason they were all brought to house in the first place. I won’t spoil it but the ending does leave you with a desire to go back and rewatch the subtle twists that untangle the whole mess.

Basically this movie is not that bad, at least for horror movies done today. They sort of play like a music video introducing all the sex, rock and roll, and blood that is required. I found Hellworld entertaining due to the mystery surrounding ...

• Hellraiser: Hellworld (2005)
      the party and the occasional appearance of Pinhead and the Cenobites (I’m still hooked ever since I walked into that theater in 1987 to see the original one). However, I was disappointed that they didn’t really focus more on Pinhead and expand the whole gateway to hell story line but I guess we have enough history from the first seven to really care anymore. I mean in this movie Pinhead is just kind of used as a prop to make the death scenes more entertaining. On a side note,
      did Doug Bradley (Pinhead) even need to be there? Couldn’t they have just CGI’d him in from part 2 or 3? He kind of just repeats the same lines anyway.

Anyways, like I said this movie was entertaining mainly due to the mystery surrounding the party and for the characters including the impressive Katheryn Winnick and the always great Lance Henricksen. The rock and roll atmosphere and creative filmography take what could have been a true bomb and molded it into something watch able. I give it 2.5 stars out of 5.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112107408791031/k2311a0721/7.21.08