Autopsy: Postmortem with Dr. Michael Baden (UR, 2008)  » Movies  »
  • While I was fascinated with some of the details of the investigation, I found this topic to be a bit tedious
  • I know that millions of conspiracy theorists have lots of ideas about this killing
  • The most interesting segment in my opinion was the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman

• by Famous

I must really be a morbid individual because I find documentaries about serial killers, crime scenes, and autopsies incredibly fascinating. Upon renting this one on Netflix, I was immediately intrigued. The mention of high profile cases was of extreme interest to me.

And I liked that there was a notable physician at the helm of the documentary. The first segment focuses on the assassination of John F.

Kennedy. While I was

fascinated with some of the details of the investigation, I found this topic to be a bit tedious.

I know that millions of conspiracy theorists have lots of ideas about this killing. And in seeing the program, I began to question some of the things that I had learned over the years.

But still, even after this many years have passed, the case feels more than cold. And even though Baden points out ...

• how a proper autopsy might have changed the results, I wasn’t interested in hearing the complete point of view.

Other segments included the Romanov family (of which I had no knowledge), the 9/11 terrorist attack, and the deaths of both Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen. I found that crime fascinating because it was so strange.

The autopsy section seemed a little scant. But the story of the two of these druggies

was intriguing enough.

The most interesting segment in my opinion was the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. I saw photographs of the crime scene while Nicole was still there.

These are photos I had never laid eyes on before. So that was really interesting.

Anyway, I liked the DVD—but felt it was a bit short on actual autopsy footage. The disc seemed more like an involved “whodunit” kind of piece.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112007407971131/k2311a0720/7.20.08