Netflix  » Movies  »
  • Unfortunately, the Netflix trial isn't as long as Blockbuster's so you don't really have much time to decide whether or not you like it
  • On the plus side, the program works smoothly, though the communication isn't quite as good as Blockbuster's, in my opinion, but that may be because I wasn't in the program long enough to get a lot of emails from them, especially since they only sent one DVD at a time
  • So, it was an okay experience, and the DVDs were clear of defects, so I have to give points for that

• by Orrymain

Recently, I evaluated the Netflix rental service. It’s very much like that of Blockbuster’s, where you select the DVDs you’d like to rent, they send them to you, you return them, and then the next one is sent. Unfortunately, the Netflix trial isn’t as long as Blockbuster’s so you don’t really have much time to decide whether or not you like it.

On the plus side, the program works smoothly, though the communication isn’t

quite as good as Blockbuster’s, in my opinion, but that may be because I wasn’t in the program long enough to get a lot of emails from them, especially since they only sent one DVD at a time. However, the first one they sent I liked alot, so much so I’m actually buying that movie now.

On the negative side, the trial is just too short and limited to make a decision. As a ...

• result, if I decide to go with a program long term, it would probably be their competition. Netflix seemed a bit closer to the vest. The DVDs got here quickly and I got notice promptly when they were returned, but again, it was just one movie at a time. I would have liked to have kept the one movie a bit longer and watched some others in between.

I also found their website

to be more confusing than others. I had to work harder to get the list of movies to choose from. There were more steps involved in selecting the movies to go into my queue.

So, it was an okay experience, and the DVDs were clear of defects, so I have to give points for that. Still, I have to grade them the same as Blockbuster simply because their trial is too short and with more limitations.

Netflix

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112007407701131/k2311a0720/7.20.08