Garden Glory flower bulbs  » Business  »
Vasu International, 200, Arjun Nagar, Safdarjung Enclave, New-Delhi. Ph: 26160973, 26160974 web: www. gardengloryindia.com
  • Garden Glory flower bulbs have become my favourite since the last couple of years
  • When I planted these bulbs in October I found that freesia did well and emerged from the soil
  • I love their products and will be placing big orders with them this winter
  • I have not had to repurchase these bulbs again as they got multiplied each year, but I bought ranunculus in other colours which I did not have
  • My experience with the bulbs has been that they have multiplied barring a few which have died

• by bookworm

Garden Glory flower bulbs have become my favourite since the last couple of years. I am an avid gardener though a novice with regards to bulbs. I am always on the lookout of better quality flower bulbs available locally at reasonable prices. Once I had visited a gardening fair and had bought some flower bulbs from Garden Glory stall marketed by Vasu International.

I had purchased a pack of Freesia and Ranunculus bulbs each. I was very happy to get some imported bulbs and that too ranunculus being the bulb which I had spotted in gardening magazines, I was very keen to try it. When I planted these bulbs in October I found that freesia did well and emerged from the soil. The ranunculus bulbs never emerged and when I dug the soil to check them I found to my horror that they had all rotted and gone. I was

very miserable seeing this outcome.

I rang up Vasu Int to understand what had went wrong and when I narrated everything to them they were very sorry and they promised to sent me a replacement pack free of charge. Their contention was that the bulbs sold to me earlier had not been up to mark and they would replace the bulbs. Within a few days I received the bulbs as promised on my doorstep. When I opened the packet I was surprised to see two packs of bulbs and they had sent the second pack as compensation for the trouble I had undergone. That year I was late in planting ranunculus bulbs but they burst into beautiful flowers during late spring. The flowering period was short and I lifted the bulbs and repotted them next year. The second year they burst into flowers at the right time and my garden was ...

• humming with butterflies and bees. The freesia bulbs did very well in the first year itself and I had a heavenly fragrance in my house. My only grouse was that almost all the freesias were yellow and I had only two pinks in my pots.

I was amazed by the response of Vasu Int of replacing my flower bulbs and since then I have become a regular customer with them. They import high quality bulbs and sell them in India. I love their products and will be placing big orders with them this winter. My neighbours too have caught up with my hobby and they are also keen to try out bulbs from this company.

The bulbs are priced quite higher then what I find at other garden shops in Delhi, but as they perform better and show results I don’t mind to pay extra. I have become a repeat buyer

with them and order both summer and winter bulbs. I had paid Rs 120/- INR for 6 ranunculus bulbs and Rs 100/- for 12 freesia bulbs. I have not had to repurchase these bulbs again as they got multiplied each year, but I bought ranunculus in other colours which I did not have. My experience with the bulbs has been that they have multiplied barring a few which have died. The bulbs have multiplied and now I share them with my family and friends.

They have recently diversified into bamboo plants, orchids, other support materials for plant etc but I have as yet not bought any such things and so don’t know how it works. Some things have been added recently. They delivered their catalogue and price-lists at my address free of charge when I had made the request.

I love their products and will surely try something new this year from their range.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412007407601131/k2311a0720/7.20.08