Kim Son Chinese Restaurant Austin TX  » Restaurants  »
1.0
10901 N. Lamar Ste A1-501, Austin, Texas 78753 United States
  • We ordered some typical 'Dim Sum' dishes such as 'Ha Kao' and 'Siu Mai', still giving it a hope that the food can be delicious
  • Eat out at Kim Son restaurant is a thrown out bad experience and definitely this is the last time I will ever again step in the restaurant
  • The best score I can give is 2 out of 10 with the very lousy service and bad food

• by BabyAngel

I went to this Chinese restaurant in Chinatown, Austin, Texas last Saturday to try on the ‘Dim Sum’ advertised on the Chronicles. It has been long time since I tasted ‘Dim Sum’ after I relocated to Texas. Looking at the grand impressive decorated corner shop of Kim Son restaurant just located at the entrance of Chinatown, it gave me a feeling that the Chinese food must be real good. We went in the restaurant and felt good about the environment inside.

The waiting area is nicely designed and the

restaurant is large, with furnished Chinese style round tables and chairs. The interior design is very inviting. We waited at the counter for the waitress to bring us to our table.

After waiting for quite some time, we felt something is wrong. How come we need to wait so long while there are still so many seats available in the restaurant and there are only a few waiters busy serving the ‘Dim Sum’ and we seemed to be transparent? The first impression is screwed by the poor service and long unnecessary waiting. At last, we were lead to the table of 3.

We waited again for a long time before a waitress came by asking what we want to order. It was very frustrating waiting for so long and when the waitress was here; she put on a straight tired face. We ordered some typical ‘Dim Sum’ dishes such as ‘Ha Kao’ and ‘Siu Mai’, still giving it a hope that the food can be delicious.

Well, to our dismay, the ‘Dim Sum’ is one of the worst ...

• Kim Son Chinese Restaurant Austin TX
      we have ever tasted before. The shrimps are all overcooked and hard. The pork actually has a very strong smell, indicating that the meat has been kept for a long time, not fresh at all.

The meal was not pleasing at all!

We were still hungry so we decided to give it a last try. We ordered a Chinese style seafood noodles. Again, we need to wait for around 25 minutes and the noodle was not yet ready! This is absolutely unacceptable! When we were about to cancel the

order and pay for the bill, the noodles came.

The noodles looked good. We tried and alas! The noodle was so salty that we couldn’t even swallow it! We ended up just pay the bill and left without finishing the noodles. Eat out at Kim Son restaurant is a thrown out bad experience and definitely this is the last time I will ever again step in the restaurant.

Strongly not recommended at all. The best score I can give is 2 out of 10 with the very lousy service and bad food. A lot of improvements needed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72007407541031/k2311a0720/7.20.08