Wolf Trap Concert Arena  » Entertainment  »
1645 Trap Road, Vienna, VA 22182
  • In so many ways, they lifted my spirits and gave me hope that people with disabilities are not treated as badly as I had once thought

• by Janet

Wolf Trap Summer Concerts in Vienna, VA. Their website is wolftrap.org. You can view all of their current concerts and events.

I just recently attended the Hootie and the Blowfish concert on Sunday night (July 13th)at Wolf Trap. The whole experience was fantastic. Let me explain.

Two weeks ago, I broke my ankle really bad. I had purchased concert tickets months ago for our ten year anniversary. I was so sad last week because I didn’t think we would be able to make the concert.

I was in minimal pain but I was so worried about how I was going to get around in a wheelchair, where our seating was and how awkward it would be.

Two days before the concert, my husband called Wolf Trap. They informed him that they were totally handicap accessible and not to worry. So, we took a chance and went.

They pointed us to handicap parking and arranged for a shuttle to take us to the restraunt for dinner first. When dinner was complete, we were ...

• once again picked up by a shuttle and taken within short walking distance to our actual concert seats. All of this was done with a smile. The volunteer that ran the shuttle was extra helpful with me on getting on and off with the wheelchair.

We were place about two rows behind our original seats. That was fine. I was very comfortable during the whole concert. When the concert was over, a volunteer came over to unlock the gate for us and made sure that

we were safely out of the concert area. Again, they were happy to help us.

I rarely need to take advantage of handicap services when I go to venues but this was a special circumstance. Both me and my husband were just in absolute awe at how easy they made it for us to attend this concert. In so many ways, they lifted my spirits and gave me hope that people with disabilities are not treated as badly as I had once thought.

Thanks Wolf Trap and we’ll be back!

Janet

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592007407451031/k2311a0720/7.20.08