Dawn Diary Three California Diaries  » Books  »
  • What's interesting to me, I still haven't figured out why they are angry with each other

• by Janet

Dawn, Book 3. From the California Diaries collection. Author is Ann M. Martin.

These books are intended for the young pre-teen age level. I’m a 40 year old parent. So, my perception of the book may be a little different than a teenagers. The format of the books are unique. They

are done as if a person wrote it out in an actual journal.

This book starts to clear up all the concerns and issues that Dawn has been having in the last two diaries. It focuses on her best friend Sunny and how Dawn is afraid that their friendship can never be repaired.

• What’s interesting to me, I still haven’t figured out why they are angry with each other. I do however, like the ending of this story.

The girls and Ducky do find themselves in another situation in which they find themselves calling on adults to help them out. I liked how Dawn used the

‘mature’ approach to handling it. I can only hope my own daughter would handle the situation the same way.

It’s kind of a downer to always hear about Mrs. Winslow’s illness. I could see my daughter putting this book down because it was more depressing than enjoyable.

Again, the ending of this book was acceptable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172007407441031/k2311a0720/7.20.08