Helium site  » Web sites  »
1.5
  • I thought that is was a good way to earn some extra income each month
  • I would not recommend Helium to writers who want to earn some income or extra cash

• by kiran1978

When I first stumbled across Helium, a site to write articles and get paid for it, I was really excited. I thought that is was a good way to earn some extra income each month. Well my first impressions were sadly wrong, it has not been a good income earner at all.

I have been with this site for over a year now

and wrote 27 articles. All I have earnt in a year is $12 for all of these articles. When you write an article at Helium, the higher the rating you achieve from readers, supposedly the higher you are paid. Well I have an article there that is rated number 1 out of 30 and all I have been paid is 1 cent ...

• for the month. I only have about 5 of these articles that actually earn money each month now. I probably earn about 40 cents per month.

Helium does have a marketplace where publishers request articles. If you are lucky your article may get selected and you can be paid anywhere from $10-$40 for your article. I have tried a few times to

submit articles in the marketplace however I have been unsuccessful.

I would not recommend Helium to writers who want to earn some income or extra cash. However if you just want a site where you can write your articles then this site would be suitable for you. You need alot of patience to accumulate enough earnings at this site to reach the minimum payout of $25.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 202007407381031/k2311a0720/7.20.08