Magic Pot magazine  » Media  »
4.7
  • My kids never liked drawing but the dot to dot drawing steps given in this magazine really helped me overcome their problem
  • I love the historical tales in the stories section which gives some input to my kids about Indian culture and tradition
  • The stories too are concise and written in such manner as to make them interesting for young kids
  • My kids love to read the Luttapi and Mayavi comic which is always given in each issue

• by bookworm

Magic Pot is a fortnightly magazine which I have subscribed for my kids. It is a wonderful magazine providing various kinds of activities making learning fun and easy. I am always on the lookout of some good reading and activity source for my family. I had spotted this magazine when I had been to a book fair in my city.

This magazine is not expensive and it is full worth for my money. It has a variety of activities from simple drawing and colouring, numbers, spellings, spot the differences, stories, comic strip, memory games, facts about birds or animals, dot to dot drawing, craft and colouring contest.

My kids never liked drawing but the dot to dot drawing steps given in this magazine really helped me overcome their problem. My son who was never keen on drawing really got so interested in art and painting that I had to enroll

him in an art class. I love the historical tales in the stories section which gives some input to my kids about Indian culture and tradition. Now after reading these stories he is so interested in traditional tales that I have recently purchased full volumes of such books. Before being exposed to these stories by Magic Pot he was never interested in them. The stories too are concise and written in such manner as to make them interesting for young kids. My kids love to read the Luttapi and Mayavi comic which is always given in each issue. The other stories generally revolve around animal characters which my kids love very much and can relate to easily. I have observed that their thought processes have been enhanced by exposure to this magazine.

The various activities of finding the way to a desired object, finding the odd object from ...

• the lot, etc helps in improving my child’s concentration. When I had just subscribed this magazine my son was not keen on doing these mental ability activities. Now he does all such exercises with élan and does not grumble while doing them. I have felt that all this activities has helped my child a lot and now he is able to study well in lesser time.

My son loves the craft section where the magazine teaches them to make different items from scrap and other such items. I am left collecting at times shoe boxes for a toy train or match boxes etc for making the craft items. Lastly the magazine has a picture which has to be coloured and sent for the competition and though my child has as yet not won, but still he looks forward to sending it. Each issue is accompanied with a small

surprise gift like an fruit/vegetable eraser, crayons, sketch-pens, stencil, small toy etc and these gifts are cherished a lot by my kids. When I had subscribed this magazine the first year we had received a puzzle set from the company. The next year when we renewed for 2 years we received a Funskool fun factory set free with the subscription. I feel this is a very good magazine for young children. The magazine also invites parents to send short stories which if selected are published and the writers paid for the same.

My son keeps on checking our mail-box daily during the initial few days and mid of each month. If his issue is a bit late he gets worried and impatient for it. I find this magazine a very good object to glean children away from computer games and T.V. sets. To order you can go to www.manoramaonline.com and get details

Prathibha says :

I would like to subscribe Fortnightly magic Pot magazine for my son. Pls advise on how to go about subscribing it, payment mode i prefer cheque payment Please confirm soon.

bookworm replies :

First of all, let me clarify that I have nothing to do with the Magic Pot magazine. I merely subscribe it for my family. You can subscribe this magazine by purchasing one issue from your local bookstore. You`ll find the subscription either on the initial few pages or the last few pages of the magazine. The payment methods will also be available on the same page. LASTLY, LET ME REITERATE THAT I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MAGIC POT. I AM MERELY A SUBSCRIBER.

John says :

You’ll have to subscribe with a debit card, but you can do so here:

Galega says :

If you have already made an account with Malayalam Manorama, then it will be easy to change the address. Just log in and click on update address, from where you can change the postal address. Otherwise, you will have to mail them and they will call you to verify authenticity. The relevant email is printed on the cover of Magic Pot magazine.

VIPUL says :

I AM INTRESTED TO KNOW CIRCULATION OF THIS MAGAZINE IN MUMBAI. I AM INTRESTED FOR ADVERTISING. SO MAIL ME AD RATES ALSO

bookworm replies :

Hello Vipul, I am sorry but I am not in a position to answer your query. I have subscribed to this magazine for the children in my house and have no idea about ad rates. You can contact the magic pot staff by logging on to their site for any further help. One thing is for sure that this magazine is a hit with kids. It is not expensive and has lots of useful material. This mag is read by children in the age group of 4-10 years, that is what I feel. This magazine must be popular in Mumbai too and you can check the details you contacting the magic pot staff. Their head office is in Kerala.

Galega says :

As per last data, it is around 10k in Mumbai. This is subscription number. Open sale number isn’t included in this data. Obviously, the actual readership is much higher. The advertising desk of Manorama will give you exact number as the rate of advertising depends on that.

However, I have never seen them giving advertisement for a certain area. There isn’t any Mumbai special edition. Or, may be I have missed something.

Cynthia Vaz says :

I would like to subscribe for Magic Pot magazine. Could you please give the subscribtion details

bookworm replies :

You can buy magic pot magazine from any bookstall. Buy one issue and there is a subscription page which you can fill and send to it head office. Cost of a single issue from the book stall is Rs 12 -, and if suscribe it you pay Rs 140 for 12 issues 6 months , 230- 24 issues 1 year , and so on. You can order this mag online by going to manoramaonline.com. They give free gifts if you opt for 2 or 3 years subscription. This rates are valid in India only. Hope this helps and feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Galega says :

The only way you can subscribe to Magic Pot Magazine is through making a request on the official website of Malayalam Manorama. And, the only way to make subscription payment is through online.

Visit the official website of Malayalam Manorama. Visit the section for subscription. Select Magic Pot and enter relevant details and make payment through net banking, debit/credit card. Malayalam Manorama has also added UPI as a payment option which will make it even easier and secure to make online payment.

Shaloo Dua says :

Please advise how to subscribe Magic Pot Magazine through internet. Pls advise related site for subscribing same. Awaiting yrs. Thanks

bookworm replies :

I tried to check with manoramaonline.com, but I could not find any link to subscribe online. You can email them at subscription mmp.in and send in your subscription. You can easily subscribe by gettting one issue from a bookstall or your newspaper supplier, fill up the subscription form and send it at their address. I am not sure whether the email address provided in this magazine works or not. I had sent in my subscription by normal mail, and so am not sure whether the online method works or not. I can give you their address which is - Magic pot. Subscription division, P.B. No. 226, M. M. Publications Ltd., Kottyam, Kerala - 686001. Hope this helps.

Galega says :

You can subscribe online through Manorama’s official website. The one year subscription of printed copy will cost you Rs. 549. Click on the following link and check entire subscription details:

Maj.Sundaresan says :

REQUESITION FOR ADDRESS CHANGE…… Subscriber No 902025 I request YOU to send the magic pot to my new address which is given below HARSHA S C O MAJ. SUNDARESAN N, F-25, DEFENCE QUARTERS, NO.1 CHAMIERS ROAD, NANDANAM, CHENNAI 600 035

bookworm replies :

Sorry, I cannot help you on this. You will have to contact the staff at Magic Pot and look for guidance. They have an office at many places, try to locate one in your city and convey your message to them. Hope this helps.

Sai says :

wanted to get info on magic pot mag thanks for providing this info

bookworm replies :

Glad to hear this review helped. My kids benefited and I wished to pass on the information to others.

John says :

You can get all official info here, including pricing:

Galega says :

Magic Pot is a children’s weekly in English. It makes the child more creative through activities, crafts, games and much more. Helps the child learn more through albums, projects and much more. Also helps the child to read more through stories, poems and comics.

It is published by Malayalam Manorama and sold throughout India. If you are from the Northern India, then you need to get subscription as it is rarely available there in the open market.

P.KRISHNA says :

I have sent one SBI cheque ,RCI branch,hyderabad,andhra pradesh,amount of Rs.290 for one year subscription last ten days back……please send about the status about our subscription………

bookworm replies :

Sorry, I am unable to answer your question as I subscribe to this magazine and don`t have anything to do with their administration. Please check with your local office, they will guide you.

Galega says :

Write to the subscription department asking them about the time it may take to process. You can also check with the courier compared about the status of your check. It is possible that it is still in transit.

Manorama has now stopped subscription through offline mode. Use only online payment for getting subscription.

Ms Anju says :

I would like to subscirbe for your fornight magazine magic pot . Please send the detail what is its cost for year and if any discount is given for 50-100 copies of it. send the details at the earliest.

bookworm replies :

You can have your queries answered at manoramaonline com
    Regarding the subscription, you can get all details at subscribe.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/MMeMart.dll/presidio/demand/home.do
    Click on subscribe now under Magic Pot and you will find all the rates

Galega says :

Discount is available for longer duration of subscription, not for number of copies.

Veeramani says :

hi sir i am impressed on your magazine. it will be very useful and interesting for kids.. i need to subscribe.. i am in tamilnadu. India. May i know the process of subscribing the magazine. pls

bookworm replies :

Get a issue of Magic Pot from your local bookstore or newsstand. There is a subscription form inside the front or back cover. Fill that up and send it to the address mentioned in there. I`m not sure whether online subscription is possible, still you can try at manoramaonline.com

Anil Agte says :

My son Aadesh Anil Agte had won consolation prize in Colouring Contest of Magic Pot issue dated 1-15 Sept. 2010 His name is displayed in Consolation prize winner list in the issue 1-15 Nov 2010 Is any prize given to winners, If yes, we have not received any prize so far. Please confirm by e-mail

bookworm replies :

First of all, I am not a staff member at Magic Pot. I am was a subscriber just like you, so haven`t a clue how to go about checking this. The best course of action would be to check with your local Magic Pot office. They can guide you further. Also, you can check the magazine whether it says there is a prize for the runners-up. Hope this helps. Sorry, I cannot email you as it isn`t allowed here at Review Stream and as I`m NOT working at Magic Pot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 392007407241031/k2311a0720/7.20.08