Ponstan Forte  » Medicine  »

• by RJR

I never knew about Ponstan Forte till a few months ago. But it is a pill that can be bough over the counter at your pharmacy for all types of pain. I don’t get cramps every time I have my monthly cycle but when I do it is a

real pain (no pun intended!)

My dad had asked me what was wrong and i told him so he gave me this oblong shaped white tablet to take. It did not have a name on the packet but he said it is very good for pain.

I took one and ...

• what do you know! My cramps went away and did not come back for the rest of my menstrual cycle! I then asked him what the name of this tablet was and he told me Ponstan Forte. He said it is used for any type of pain. He used
        it for his toothache once and it worked wonders till he could get an appointment with the dentist.

I have used Ponstan Forte on many other occasions like if I have muscle cramps from too much running and stuff because I had heard it works well for that too and it really does!

Ring king says :

If the active ingredient in PONSTAN is Ibuprofen ( a type of NSAID) be wary. Go ask your doctor first about the side effects of NSAIDs before taking any.

Galega says :

Ponstan Forte contains mefenamic acid, not Ibuprofen. However, your second point is right. Mefenamic acid is also a NSAID, like Ibuprofen and care should be applied if one is using it for extended period. Taking it randomly may not cause any problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261807406680631/k2311a0718/7.18.08