Allstate Electric  » Business  »
928 S Division St, Moses Lake, Washington
  • Two days before closing, I learned that I could not get insurance unless the house was completely rewired and brought up to code

• by failedpromise

I recently purchased a new house. Two days before closing, I learned that I could not get insurance unless the house was completely rewired and brought up to code. (The insurance agent had dropped the ball.

) My house had old knob and tube wiring which I discovered is both a fire hazard and not able to properly handle the electrical needs of heavy

use appliances like microwaves, air conditioners, washers and dryers. Since I was packed and ready to roll, this discovery felt disastrous (particularly since I was living with my parents!).

I contacted an electrician in the area who was too busy for the job but referred me to Allstate Electric. I made an appointment in advance to meet with the owner, Ron, on the day I arrived in town.

He showed up on time and conducted a thorough review of the house before giving me his bid of $4,500. Because he came highly recommended and was able to start the job within a week and a half, I hired him on the spot.

His electricians called ahead the day before arrival and showed up on ...

• Allstate Electric
      time, ready to go to work. They were affable and tidy and were willing to explain to me everything they were doing.

They installed outlets and light switches where I wanted them, and also installed a bathroom exhaust fan. My power was off for about 8 hours on the first day.

They finished by noon the next day, leaving behind no mess other

than some sheetrock repair work that I was planning to do myself. I called with a follow-up question a few days later and received a prompt return call.

I couldn’t be happier with the outcome of what could have been a fiasco. They were just terrific all around; I would probably install a neon sign in my window advertising them, if I wouldn’t detract from my garden.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411707405871231/k2311a0717/7.17.08