Pillsbury Brownies
  • As a result, nowadays, I'm always looking for good food that I can cook without really cooking and definitely without cleanup, or at least not much
  • I've had some before of various brands that had attempted something similar, but they weren't always the best

• by Orrymain

I love a great brownie. However, cooking isn’t always my thing and, even worse, I hate cleaning. As a result, nowadays, I’m always looking for good food that I can cook without really cooking and definitely without cleanup, or at least not much.

For years, my favorite was the Betty Crocker brownie mix that came with a can (now a packet) of Hershey chocolate. Add a little water, a bit of Wesson, and a couple of eggs — mix, pour, bake. Not tough, but it meant cleanup.

Last year, Pillsbury came out with refrigerated brownies. I’ve had some

before of various brands that had attempted something similar, but they weren’t always the best. Still, had to try it.

These brownies are labeled as ‘traditional chocolate fudge’, and the instructions say to cut off one end and squeeze it directly into your pan and spread. I did that for a while, but what works best for me, is just to unroll the package.

The roll undoes easily — just pull it apart and then use the plastic itself to actually press down and spread out the brownie layer. It actually only takes a minute, and the only cleaning I’ve ...

• ever had to do is to enjoy a few licks of brownie on my fingers (mmmm…mmmm… good!)

Also, for the thrifty, as I have to be these days, I don’t even cook these in a pan. I don’t even have a decent cake or pie pan any more, so I’ve just been buying the tins that you can cook in and toss afterwards. I like those for the non-cleaning value. Still, they can be costly. The secret to my success — I just use aluminum foil, spreading it out and putting the brownies in it. Works great!

These

brownies taste yummy! They are rich and thick and very fulfilling. I love them.

Last night, for the first time in a while, I made my old favorite — Betty Crocker. I mixed and poured, specks of mix going onto my work area and splattering onto my blouse. The final blow? I don’t even think it tastes that good now. It isn’t near as rich and chocolate-ty for my taste.

I’m going back to my easy to prepare, refrigerated, just open, roll, and spread-onto-foil Pillsbury Brownie mix.

This is a favorite of mine. Give it a try sometime!

Latesha says :

More posts of this quality. Not the usual c , palese

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271707405781131/k2311a0717/7.17.08