Authority canned cat food  » Pets  »
  • Authority canned cat food does not contain any animal by-products, which is something I am happy about because I think that means less mystery meat
  • I have purchased chicken flavor, turkey flavor, oceanfish, and catfish flavors and my cats have enjoyed all of them
  • One of the best things about the Authority brand is its price

• by deem

Authority is the Petsmart store brand of cat food so it is only available at Petsmart. It comes in both dry and canned formulas, but I have not yet tried the dry so this review pertains strictly to the canned food.

Even though Authority is a store brand, it is not an inferior brand by any means.

I would say that its quality is comparable to that of reputable and more

well known brands such as Nutro.

Authority canned cat food does not contain any animal by-products, which is something I am happy about because I think that means less “mystery meat”.

I have purchased all of the Authority flavors that come in their loaf or pate style.

That is basically the smoothly ground up style as opposed to chunks or slices.

My cats do not care for the sliced or ...

• chunk styles of cat food.

I have purchased chicken flavor, turkey flavor, oceanfish, and catfish flavors and my cats have enjoyed all of them.

One of the best things about the Authority brand is its price.

Because even though its quality is comparable to brands like Nutro, its regular price is usually about 50 cents for a 6 oz.

can, which is less expensive than the regular price of Nutro canned

foods (though sometimes Nutro goes on sale for less than the Authority brand).

Authority also comes in 3 oz.

cans, but I do not buy those because they are not as cost effective due to the fact that I have multiple cats.

I think that the price of Authority canned cat food is reasonable given its quality which I believe is better than 9 Lives or Friskies (though I sometimes buy those also).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291607405000731/k2311a0716/7.16.08