Busch Gardens Tampa  » Travel  »
Busch Blvd, Tampa, Florida
  • Unfortunately for me, I found the new section to be catered towards young kids

• by GreenFairy

Busch Gardens Africa, for those who don’t know, is a huge and very popular amusement park/zoo in Tampa. It attracts tourists from all over the world, and is a popular hot spot for young adults around Florida who can get discounted passes. Having a season pass myself, I was excited to see they were opening up a whole new section of the park.

There were already a good

number of roller coasters, but I was looking forward to some new high-tech attractions like they have at the many theme parks in Orlando. Unfortunately for me, I found the new section to be catered towards young kids.

It was basicallly a large playground. Now, if you have young ones, it seems quite nice.

They have mini “raise and drop” rides to offer a child-size thrill. There are ...

• also some “jungle gliders.

” One adult can ride with each child that is under a certain height limit. It looked fun, but of course I was too tall.

The one big plus for me was the exhibit portion. They have several tigers, both white and orange.

The viewing areas are superb. We were literally inches away from the tigers (seperated by reinforced glass).

We got excellent pictures. The

tigers all seemed fairly young and were very playful.

They did a lot of climbing and fought over toys. I’ve been to numerous zoos, but I’ve never seen tigers this close and entertaining before.

They also have designated feeding times where you can watch. That’s also a great time to see some cool stuff.

So young adults, stick with the coasters in the other sections, but if you have kids, it’s the place to go.

Busch Gardens Tampa

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381607404970731/k2311a0716/7.16.08