Ikea Furniture- Hemnes Day Bed Frame (White)  » Furniture  »
Ikea.com
  • My sister is excited to have her cousins over for the night and I have no doubt that they will be comfortable

• by Alpha2Zulu

The Hemnes Day Bed Frame from Ikea is entirely made from wood and is a great option for extra seating or sleeping space in a small studio, guest bedroom or dorm. After outgrowing her young girl bed, my sister began pushing for a real bed so we headed to IKEA to shop. The Hemnes Day Bed caught her attention because not only could she have a cool bed that provided her with the security she was used to in her childs bed, but she could have friends sleep over.

The day bed is long

enough for an adult of child or to sit two adults comfortably. We used it as a bed, but with the right comforters and pillows to decorate you can easily use it as seating in any room of your house. There is a completely wood frame back and sides, so for a child this is comforting and gives them a cubby feel that they may have grown used to in a crib.

A platform holds a mattress, a regular twin size mattress will not fit so you will need to buy the matching ...

• day bed mattress that IKEA has available. Also neat is the under bed storage that you can also put another mattress into and use as a rollout trundle. My sister is excited to have her cousins over for the night and I have no doubt that they will be comfortable.

As for the construction I can honestly say that this was the one thing I did not like about the bed. Because it is all wood, you need to make sure that you get everything in just right. As a novice with tools and

building even the most basic of structures I had a hard time and needed to call a brother for help. He had it done in a half hour though so if you are used to this kind of stuff it shouldn’t be that hard for you.

Overall, the IKEA Hemnes day bed was a great purchase and one that I can see her using for quite a while. The bed seems very child safe, na sharp edges etc, and sturdy so hopefully I will not have to go looking for something new for a few years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 571507404801031/k2311a0715/7.15.08