50 First Dates
  • I'm not a big fan of Adam Sandler but I like Drew Barrymore that's why I saw the movie 50 First Dates
  • One big problem is Lucy has short-term memory loss due to an accident
  • I love the movie's happy ending as well as its soundtrack

• by Malou

I’m not a big fan of Adam Sandler but I like Drew Barrymore that’s why I saw the movie 50 First Dates. I didn’t expect that I would like the movie because I never liked Adam Sandler’s style of comedy.

I think he’s corny.

But surprisingly I liked it very much.

It’s the story of Henry Roth (Sandler), a veterinarian

in Hawaii who only dates tourists because of commitment issues but suddenly has a change of heart when he meets Lucy (Barrymore).

One big problem is Lucy has short-term memory loss due to an accident.

Every morning as soon as she wakes up she has forgotten the previous day and since Henry is already falling in love with her, he ...

• does all he can for her to remember him to the extent that he makes a video for Lucy to watch every morning so that she’ll remember who she is.

Some of the jokes are old and the storyline isn’t that great but what makes this movie work is the chemistry between the two lead stars.

Drew and Adam really

look good together.

Watching them is really so romantic.

I can’t wait for a follow-up movie.

There are funny scenes and some of them are courtesy of Rob Schneider who plays Henry’s bestfriend.

I love the movie’s happy ending as well as its soundtrack.

Really youthful.

If you want to be entertained for a few hours, this movie will do it for you.

50 First Dates

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111507404721031/k2311a0715/7.15.08