Creative Xmod
  • I went on to research for awhile, before coming to a conclusion that I would definitely purchase the Creative Xmod for about 139SGD
  • The Creative Xmod is fairly small in my opinion, but some people might still think it's pretty big
  • In fact, after using it for so long, I think it's produces quite good quality sound though
  • But please do not expect too much out of it and expect your Creative Xmod to be the best product available in the market
  • I would still recommend people to purchase the ordinary Creative Xmod if you want a product that's definitely worth the money

• by BARRY

Creative has been producing various amount of audio visual related product for years. They include products like sound blaster, which are their main source of sound cards. They started producing Xmod products, which generally converts ordinary Stereo sound to virtual surround sound. They have been successful on that point, attracting lots of consumers to purchase their Xmod sound cards.

I was looking for a external sound card for both my desktop and my laptop for a long period of time. I went on to research for awhile, before coming to a conclusion that I would definitely purchase the Creative Xmod for about 139SGD. The product comes with only a 1 year warranty though, that’s pretty much the down point of it.

I realized that installation for this product is really simple.

They do not require you to install any softwares to use the Creative Xmod. You just need to plug your Creative Xmod. This is clearly one advantage that I see in the Creative Xmod. The second point is that it’s actually compatible with Mac notebooks too.

The Creative Xmod is fairly small in my opinion, but some people might still think it’s pretty big. It has a slightly glaring blue light, a few switches to enable the X-Fi Crystalizer and the X-Fi CMSS-3D Virtual. There’s a really big knob in the middle that’s protruding out, which looks like an eyesore to me actually. But the design concept is pretty good, mainly because you just need to tap the button to make your sound go mute. The only major complain that ...

• I would have, is that they should have made this product black, instead of white, because it really gets dirty fairly easily.

The sound quality is good, I have no complains about it at all. In fact, after using it for so long, I think it’s produces quite good quality sound though. But please do not expect too much out of it and expect your Creative Xmod to be the best product available in the market. It definitely has its limits. So with a good set of speakers, I do not think I would have complains about it though. I do own a fairly normal set of speakers from Altec Lansing, so maybe you might want to consider the middle range Creative speakers to go with your Creative Xmod.

Singaporeans especially,

should know that Creative products never last long. So, you really have to cross your fingers on this. I love the value for money concept, but I don’t really trust their product quality nowadays, compared to something that’s about 5 years ago. So that would be the main disadvantage that all consumers who want to buy Creative products should be aware of.

Overall, there’s another Xmod wireless available in Creative. I would have considered that if only I had the extra cash. It’s pretty expensive at this point of time. I would still recommend people to purchase the ordinary Creative Xmod if you want a product that’s definitely worth the money. This product would definitely be an 8/10 for it’s sound quality, and a 9/10 for it’s value for money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161407404260331/k2311a0714/7.14.08