Denny’s Restaurant Sacramento CA
Watt Ave/Auburn Blvd. Sacramento, Ca
  • My husband and I decided to take our three young kids to Denny's for a nice Saturday family brunch a few weeks ago
  • I know we were two adults and three kids, but still the prices seemed way too high for what we got

• by Sanda

I have to write this review about Denny’s restaurant, as it was such a bad one I owe it to all of you readers out there! My husband and I decided to take our three young kids to Denny’s for a nice Saturday family brunch a few weeks ago.

I used to like Dennys, since I knew it as an affordable restaurant with decent food. Plus, we liked the no fuss diner approach. However, this time it was a disaster. When we got there, we had to wait more than 25 minutes even though we were told it wasn’t going to be more than 10. Then, while the kids were bouncing on the couches and

running around, we got to observe the hustle and bustle of the place, and I had a strong urge to just walk out the door. The place was getting busier and busier, and the waiters and waitresses seemed overwhelmed, and running around like mad. Their shirts were very dirty, the hair a mess, and the drinks and food pieces seemed to fly everywhere.

When we finally got seated, it took another five minutes to actually get a high-chair and a booster for the kids. The table as well as the booth were sticky and dirty. On the back of the booth there was a lot of dirt, and I repeatedly had to tell my kids ...

• not to touch anything. When we looked down on the floors, it was disgusting. Tons of food was lying everywhere, and I lost my apetite. When we finally ordered, after another 10 minutes of waiting, the waitress seemed stressed out and overworked, and couldn’t wait to leave our table.

We waited and waited for the food to arrive, but it took what seemed an eternity. When we finally began eating, I was totally disgusted as everything seemed greasy and fried in rancid oil. To top things off, we got a hefty bill of over $60. I know we were two adults and three kids, but still the prices seemed way too high for what we

got. I had to take two of my kids to the bathroom, and that topped it off. The bathroom was so dirty we just came back out.

Our experience at Denny’s was a disaster! I used to be a big fan, as the food used to be cheaper and better. The service was never good, but the food kind of compensated. But this time, I was blown away by how Denny’s has let us down. Maybe I’m wrong, and maybe it was just this particular one, but I will never go to a Denny’s again. I just don’t want to throw my money out the window and take the risk of getting food poisoning in return as well!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71407404110231/k2311a0714/7.14.08