America the Book (John Stewart)  » Books  »
  • I love John Stewart's the Daily Show, but even those who don't watch it can enjoy his book
  • I recommend for all my fellow political junkies, or anyone who keeps up with the news

• by GreenFairy

If you need some relief from the nightmare that has been government over the last few years, America the Book is the perfect remedy. I love John Stewart’s “the Daily Show,” but even those who don’t watch it can enjoy his book.

Any one who is somewhat aware of modern politics will completely enjoy it.

It’s set up

like a history text book.

But of course, it is composed of clever satire and hilarious political critiques.

It is also supplemented with “helpful” images and diagrams.

If you’re like me and have difficulty with keeping up with books (I tend to get distracted and by the time I remember to pick one back up, I’ve forgotten what ...

• I’d already read), you don’t have to worry.

It is not a continuous saga, but a collection of tidbits and anecdotes of various American debacles.

You can keep it in the bathroom, or use it as a beach book, or just have it around for a rainy day.

A lot of political books recently written are kind of

depressing given the sad state our nation is currently in.

“America” is my way to poke fun at all this and cope with the times.

It’s a great pick me up!

I recommend for all my fellow political junkies, or anyone who keeps up with the news.

It’s a good read, and one that can be read again and again with just as much laughs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171407404050931/k2311a0714/7.14.08