I Am Legend  » Movies  »
  • Will Smith is one of my favorite Hollywood actors

• by Malou

Will Smith is one of my favorite Hollywood actors. He has reinvented himself quite well, from being a former rapper and television star to becoming an A-list movie actor. I’ve watched almost all his films (my favorite being The Pursuit of Happyness).

So I was really excited to see I Am Legend. The movie is an adaptation

of Richard Matheson’s 1954 novel of the same name.

Robert Neville (Smith), is a scientist who becomes the lone survivor in an epidemic in New York City. Once exposed to the virus, the human becomes a zombie who only comes out at night.

Neville turns out to be immune to the virus. Along with Sam, his German ...

• Shepherd, he goes around the city by day and barricades his house at night and at the same time searches for a cure.

For me the movie has quite a thin story line. It didn’t really explain where the virus originated and why there are cities where nobody was infected.

But nevertheless it’s still suspenseful and scary.

I can’t imagine myself being alone and fighting monsters.

Will Smith’s acting is excellent (as usual) and he was able to carry the film all by himself, with great support from the German Shepherd. The relationship between the two is really very touching.

Though I didn’t like the ending much, overall it was a good enough movie.

I Am Legend

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111407403600931/k2311a0714/7.14.08