Equate Triple Antibacterial Ointment  » Medicine  »
  • As much as I love shopping at Wal-Mart, I am not a big fan of their EQUATE product line
  • I would recommend this particular Equate product to anyone looking for an antibacterial ointment

• by Luckystarzz

As much as I love shopping at Wal-Mart, I am not a big fan of their EQUATE product line. I think most of it smells funky.

So with great reserve I purchased a tube of the Equate Triple Antibacterial Ointment, mostly because it was about half the price of it’s brand name counterpart, Neosporin, and my budget these days is really tight. Well, also, because I needed it!

I

have four cats. As lovable and cuddly as they usually are, sometimes they play a little rough. And I am highly allergic to the slightest cat scratch. Fortunately, it’s mostly a skin condition. The scratched area will swell and puff up, itch, and turn this outrageous shade of purple-red, so I have to apply an ointment of some kind quickly.

Out of Neosporin and just before payday, I needed to treat a scratch. A Wal-Mart store is closer to me than any other pharmacy, so I rushed down there, bit the bullet and bought the Equate Triple Antibacterial Ointment. I applied it to the scratch right there in the parking lot before I even opened my car door.

Well . first thing I noticed is that it’s not nearly as oozy as Neosporin.

• Equate Triple Antibacterial Ointment
      That’s a good thing, since I’d rather not be greasy and Wal-Mart seemed to be out of stock on the creamy kind.

Second, the itching stopped pretty darn fast. By the time I pulled into my driveway about ten minutes later, the swelling had subsided considerably. OK, I could save a small fortune here!

I went in the house, put a little more of the ointment on the

scratch and covered it with a Band-Aid (so the cats wouldn’t lick it off before it did it’s job!).

I have to say I was impressed. I would say it worked even faster than the Neosporin I usually use, it costs a whole lot less money, and stopped the itching and swelling that I get with cat scratches.

I would recommend this particular Equate product to anyone looking for an antibacterial ointment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261407403400831/k2311a0714/7.14.08