Mylanta Extra Strength Antacid (liquid)  » Medicine  »
  • But I love a lot of those foods, so I rely on the Mylanta to allow me to eat them on occasion
  • I'd give it a 10, because it works the best for me, but I gotta knock off two for that disgusting flavor

• by GreenFairy

Mylanta is my favorite heartburn solution. Pain relief: This is one of the fastest working over-the-counter meds for when heartburn hits you hard. When I’m in a lot of pain, I need something that’s going to do the job.

I’ve tried Zantac and a few other common ones, but they don’t work quick enough. The extra-strenght liquid Mylanta

seems to reach my stomach faster.

It has two kinds of bases in generous amounts working to neutralize the acid. Pain prevention: Tomatoes, other acidic fruits/veggies, and Mexican food just kill my sensitive stomach.

But I love a lot of those foods, so I rely on the Mylanta to allow me to eat them on occasion. I take ...

• the average recommended dose before my meal.

It works like a charm. It’s nice to be able to eat things that I previously couldn’t.

Taste: This is the one drawback. It is absolutely disgusting.

Now it may be especially bad for me because it tastes a little like milk and I have a strong adversion to milk. They

offer an original and a cherry flavor.

I get the cherry because it masks the bad taste a little better. I still have to immediately find something else to put in my mouth after I take the medicine.

Overall: I’d give it a 10, because it works the best for me, but I gotta knock off two for that disgusting flavor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261407403350831/k2311a0714/7.14.08