NASCAR Cup Race June 22, 2008-Sonoma  » Sport  »
  • The NASCAR races at Infineon are typically fairly boring at least in my opinion
  • I love seeing Kyle Petty in the announcers booth because he has a clear passion for racing and his history in the sport makes him a good person to talk
  • I think he has a good future as an announcer once he officially retires instead of taking a few months off here and there
  • I like the fact that he started out in his native Australia, but worked his way up in the American series

• by udgirl

The NASCAR races at Infineon are typically fairly boring at least in my opinion. I have a hard time staying focused on the races that take place at the road courses because you don’t see a lot of racing going on. The drivers tend to play it safe and focus on maintaining their positions rather than getting ahead. Considering that the new cars make things safer and seem to slow things down, I was expecting this race to be a little dull. Instead we got the first exciting race in a few weeks and one that didn’t come down to fuel mileage, but real racing.

I love seeing Kyle Petty in the announcers booth because he has a clear passion for racing and his history in the sport makes him a good person to talk. Instead of out and out guessing what the drivers are thinking, he can tell you exactly what he would be thinking if he was in the car. I think he has a good future as an announcer once he officially retires instead of taking a few months off here and there. As for the other announcers, I think TNT should fire them and

start fresh. They consistently call the wrong driver by the wrong name and spend more time talking about the same five or six drivers than they do the entire field. They’ll even focus on a “popular” driver running in 17th place instead of talking about a less popular driver who might be leading the race.

I was quite excited to see Marcos Ambrose having a good run. I’ve liked him for a long time and I keep waiting to see him win a race in the Nationwide race. I like the fact that he started out in his native Australia, but worked his way up in the American series. It’s about time someone saw his potential and gave him a ride, even if it was only a one shot deal for now. It was great to see him running near the front for a good portion of the race, and disappointing when he crashed out of the race.

I was also excited to see Kevin Harvick having a good run up until the last few laps. When he, Jamie McMurray, and Tony Stewart got into a wreck towards the end, it was hard for me to take sides ...

• or decide who was at fault.

The end of the race was a real force and something that was exciting to see, as was the interviews later. I love seeing Kyle Busch win a race, especially since I just joined his fan club and I was excited to see and hear the crowd cheering for him. He’s been booed quite a lot lately and to see people on their feet cheering for him was exciting and surprising. Even the announcers were surprised to hear fans cheering for him instead of booing. I also loved the reporter trying to get an interview with Stewart later and the way he shot him down at every turn. Hopefully we’ll see more racing like this.

ParagraphDivider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 351307403030831/k2311a0713/7.13.08