Movie Accepted  » Movies  »
  • It's not that I haven't enjoyed classics like Animal House, but it seems most college-themed movies focus almost solely on showing as many naked co-eds as possible and the films really lack substance
  • Unfortunately for him, they screwed up with the Web site and ended up with hundreds of others applying and being accepted
  • And, I have to admit, the concept behind the school was definitely an interesting one
  • Not only were students allowed to pick their own curriculum and taught the classes, they could do whatever they wanted to their dorm rooms (we couldn't even paint ours when I was in college)and the relaxed environment is definitely one I think I would have enjoyed learning in
  • This is one I definitely would recommend because it was good from start to finish

• by Steve

I am a person who normally avoids movies about college life. It’s not that I haven’t enjoyed classics like Animal House, but it seems most college-themed movies focus almost solely on showing as many naked co-eds as possible and the films really lack substance. That’s why I’m glad I got a chance to watch the 2006 film Accepted.

While I’ll admit the plot was a bit predictable, overall it was a refreshing comedy. Justin Long plays a high school graduate who has been turned down by every college he applied to.

Under pressure from his parents to

get a higher education, he creates a fictional school; thinking he can just fake his way through a year or two and live off his parents’ money. Unfortunately for him, they screwed up with the Web site and ended up with hundreds of others applying and being accepted.

It wasn’t hard to predict how some of the plots would go. First, you knew someone was eventually going to find out about the fraud.

Secondly, it’s easy to predict that the “college” would go from being a party house to an actual educational environment. And, much like most ...

• college movies, you had a fraternity that was out to destroy them.

Despite this, the ride was still a fun one. You have a wide range of characters starting with the nerdy best friend to a former soldier who said his mind was wiped clean by the CIA and he hadn’t been right since.

You have a love story, some great on-going jokes about the school being housed in a former mental hospital and a lot of great music in between. Most importantly, it didn’t follow its predecessors and try to distract the viewer with excessive sex

scenes, drinking and drug use.

And, I have to admit, the concept behind the school was definitely an interesting one. Not only were students allowed to pick their own curriculum and taught the classes, they could do whatever they wanted to their dorm rooms (we couldn’t even paint ours when I was in college)and the relaxed environment is definitely one I think I would have enjoyed learning in.

This is a movie I think everyone would enjoy mostly because it sets a new standard for movies about college life. This is one I definitely would recommend because it was good from start to finish.

Movie Accepted

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111307402580731/k2311a0713/7.13.08