Uncle Ben’s Fast & Fancy Broccoli & Cheddar
  • Despite the great taste, looking at the nutrition facts, it does not look to be a healthy meal
  • So I would suggest to save it for the day when you really cannot cook a full and healthy meal

• by Tanya

Here is something that practically almost never happens, or actually never happens- the meal in real life looked actually better than the photo on the package. And it tasted great too.

I still can’t believe that.

I tried it the other day when I was to too tired to too lazy

to cook.

It is 165 g package, it contains the rice and the sauce pouch.

The bag is really narrow, so it was also very efficient storage wise until I was ready to use it.

All you have to do is add the contents, water and some butter and margarine and ...

• cook it for approximately 15-18 minutes.

What you get is really yammy rice thickly coated with cheddar and tiny pieces of broccoli.

Despite the great taste, looking at the nutrition facts, it does not look to be a healthy meal.

So I would suggest to save it for the day when

you really cannot cook a full and healthy meal.

But it still looks healthier then those frozen pastas I buy, which do not even taste like real food.

Uncle Ben’s Broccoli and Cheddar rice did taste like a real meal, so the added bonus was that I didn’t feel guilty for eating junk food.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271307402550731/k2311a0713/7.13.08