Sony BRAVIA 32V300A
  • Sony is definitely out to capture the market even though they were one of the last to put focus on the LCD TVs
  • I was very impressed by its latest V series
  • Sadly, it will cost another $200 for the silver color though
  • The pictures were fairly good, bright and crystal clear in my opinion
  • But to be honest, I was contented I bought this model during the IT show recently

• by BARRY

Sony’s Bravia series has been ongoing for a period of time already. It’s mass amount of marketing has put it on level terms with other brands like Samsung especially. Sony is definitely out to capture the market even though they were one of the last to put focus on the LCD TVs.

I was very impressed by its latest V series. It’s one of them that’s in between S and the D series, the new V series has stunning performance at the good value price. With a 8000:1 contrast ratio, 1080p signal support and a whole lot of port supports, you must definitely know that the Sony BRAVIA V series must be pretty good on it’s specification. It’s one of the few LCD TVs that comes with 6

different colors to choose from. Sadly, it will cost another $200 for the silver color though.

The BRAVIA isn’t a difficult TV to setup at all, mainly because there isn’t actually anything to setup though. You just require to setup the usual stand or the get it wall mounted. Be wary of choosing a wall mounted stand though, the TV is quite heavy in weight. The stand however, has it’s fair share of cool mechanism at the bottom. The black bit stays put while the top portion moves with the screen.

There are lots of connections to choose from, it’s all situated on the left side of the unit including the additional side mounted composite and S-Video input. This will give you a rough idea to ensure you don’t ...

• have cables lying around all over the place. It’s a pretty neat move by Sony to do that. Cool add on feature would be the nice clips included near the base to keep the cables neat.

I tested the Bravia series myself after setting up all the necessary equipments. I tested it on the HD channels on TV. I do not see much difference out of it though. The main concern should not be that, I diverted my attention more to the HDMI input for my DVD player. The pictures were fairly good, bright and crystal clear in my opinion. It does glare my eyes after a period of time, I had to set the brightness and contrast lower to comprehend such problems.

I do admit the price is

the only reason why I would have reconsidered the Bravia series before. But to be honest, I was contented I bought this model during the IT show recently. I was given some good discounts for my TV. But on the other hand, you would have considered another good brand like Sharp or even Toshiba. It would definitely be cheaper than the current Sony V series available.

Overall, if you want a TV that’s heavy on specification and a wide range of color choices, you definitely want to consider the Sony V series. It should have huge support for the Playstation 3 especially, it will be a plus point if you’re a hardcore Sony fan. Otherwise, you would not even want to have a glimpse of this model due to its price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161307402420731/k2311a0713/7.13.08