NASCAR Nationwide Race June 21, 2008- Minnesota  » Sport  »
  • As much as people whine and complain about the NASCAR Cup drivers racing against the up and comers in the Nationwide Series, I think it makes things much more interesting
  • Seeing only a handful of drivers pulling double duty is slightly boring and it makes for what seems like a long race
  • Even if he had crashed out, I think he would have added something exciting to the race
  • He said something about how it was a good thing Stremme didn't crash because it would cost him a lot of money and I just had to laugh
  • I also started laughing when Rusty jumped in following the interview to say that he thought Stremme was just a little hot under the collar and would regret it later

• by udgirl

Tonight’s race made me wish that it were next week already. As much as people whine and complain about the NASCAR Cup drivers racing against the up and comers in the Nationwide Series, I think it makes things much more interesting. Seeing only a handful of drivers pulling double duty is slightly boring and it makes for what seems like a long race. I also missed seeing Kyle Busch who decided at the last race that he wouldn’t make a run for the championship so he stopped flying to different tracks to try his hand at the races. Even if he had crashed out, I think he would have added something exciting to the race.

I think the announcers were also missing those guys too. Several times they mentioned Kevin Harvick, saying that he would be back the following week to defend the race he won last year. Since I’m a fan of his and he has yet to win in either series this year, I would just be happy to see him race and possibly contend for a win again.

The real highlight of the race for me was Rusty Wallace. I still haven’t gotten over the fact that he was so excited about a possible race on pit road during the last race at Charlotte, so I’ve

been waiting for him to say something funny or interesting again. This time he didn’t disappoint. When his car run by David Stremme came close to crashing into the wall, it got very quiet like everyone was waiting for him to say something. He said something about how it was a good thing Stremme didn’t crash because it would cost him a lot of money and I just had to laugh.

I also got a kick out of seeing David Stremme in his interview after another driver caused him to crash. I’ve been noticing that there isn’t a lot of excitement in racing lately and many of the drivers have started to be a little too PC. They spend more time wondering about how they’ll look on camera instead of talking with their heart. Stremme came right out and said that it wasn’t his fault, but that other drivers were causing accidents and he was an innocent victim. He went so far as to call the other racers out there “idiots” and I had to laugh. I also started laughing when Rusty jumped in following the interview to say that he thought Stremme was just a little hot under the collar and would regret it later.

Rusty said that everyone out there was a fine driver. I think Rusty has ...

• lost his mind if he actually believes that. There are several drivers out there who constantly cause wrecks and seem to always be caught up in the middle of wrecks. I think that proves that not everyone out there deserves the ride they have nor are they all fine drivers.

I used to like Carl Edwards, but following the last year, I’m getting a little tired of him. I especially don’t like the way he shoved Clint Bowyer out of the way. That’s not how I want to see one of my drivers win a race.

ParagraphDivider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 351307402290731/k2311a0713/7.13.08