Big Boss hand blender  » Electronics  »
  • The only thing which I dislike about this blender is that while washing care has to be taken to ensure that water does not seep into its machine

• by bookworm

Big Boss hand blender is a very small and compact blender which can do lots of jobs. It can blend, puree, whip and also make chutneys. It is a portable blender which can be carried anywhere. During power cuts when the kitchen point does not work I plug it at the point which works on inverter and use it. It works well enough when power is run by inverter. It is light and can be mounted on the wall or put away in the drawer. It comes with 3 different blades and also has an

attachment to make chutneys/ pastes.

I have been using this blender for many years and have been happy with its use. The blender blade has been used quite a lot as I use that more regularly. It makes purees/ thick shakes quite fast. I have used the other two blades to whip, churn and make butter from yoghurt. It has helped me a lot to make tomato purees, pastes of coriander/mint etc. It does the job within 2 minutes and can be used maximum for 3 min at a time. I have used its attachment to even ...

• do dry grinding. It does not do dry grinding so well but when my mixer was out of order I had saved my day using this blender. I just put the blender in a glass or a jar and make fruit shakes and so save on unnecessary use of pans and pots. It has two options viz high and low speed and I use it according to my requirement.

I have become so dependent on this blender that the mixer/ grinder has been put away in the cabinet to be used only when I need to do

some dry grinding. Apart from that all the other jobs are done efficiently by my blender.

This blender is not very expensive and it is easy to stow away. It saves my time and gets my job done fast and efficiently. The only thing which I dislike about this blender is that while washing care has to be taken to ensure that water does not seep into its machine. I would have been very happy if the blender could be dismantled for cleaning. I generally run the blender in a bowl of washing solution to clean it.

banasree Sen says :

I have question related to Boss portable Blender. Can i make a paste of poppy seeds by using this blender? Thanks Banasree Sen

Galega says :

Yes, you can definitely make paste of poppy seeds with this blender. I have seen Bengali ladies using blender for this purpose.

bookworm replies :

Not sure about this as I never tried to make poppy seed paste. It comes with an attachment chutney maker which might help you.

manila mahadevia says :

Which among the three blades can be used for beating whip cream for cake purpose???

Galega says :

You should use the smallest blade for delicate dishes, like cake. Using the longer one may not provide the best result for obvious reasons of size.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161307401830631/k2311a0713/7.13.08