Back at the Barnyard  » TV  »
1.5
  • But, as I parent, I would caution other parents who might consider this show for their kids

• by Steve

I normally don’t mind my daughter watching shows on Nickelodean. But, I have to say I’m not a huge fan of the show Back at the Barnyard; a feeling that hasn’t changed from day one.

Fortunately for me, my daughter is already tired of the show because it means I don’t have to force her to watch something else.

It’s

not so much the show is bad for kids.

Some of the plots are pretty decent; like the one where the animals put on a circus.

But, something about it just creeps me out a bit.

Maybe it’s the fact all the cows have visible udders; not a big deal, but this is true for the male cows as well ...

• as the females.

And believe me, I really don’t want to go through the effort of explaining why the males don’t really have an udder to my daughter.

And, even by today’s standards, the cartoon does have quite a few violent scenes in it.

Nothing over the top but not much lighter than the old Tom & Jerry cartoons that

usually receive a lot of criticism today.

The funny thing is, I used to think Spongebob Squarepants was bad.

I now actually prefer she watch that cartoon over this one.

Like I said before, my daughter no longer watches this show on a regular basis, which is good news for me.

But, as I parent, I would caution other parents who might consider this show for their kids.

Back at the Barnyard

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101207401090431/k2311a0712/7.12.08