Blood Diamond movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • That's probably why, even though I tried to enjoy the film Blood Diamond, I found myself actually getting bored by it
  • I think the major problem is a good plot really gets lost in an effort by the movie to show just how the diamond trade industry causes hardships in third world countries because the money and weapons obtained from the diamonds are used to finance civil war
  • I'm probably not the best audience member for this film, which is why I'm going to give it a moderate grade rather than fail it completely

• by Steve

You know, even though I take an interest in world politics, I have found I’m not a huge fan of movies about obscure problems in other countries. That’s probably why, even though I tried to enjoy the film Blood Diamond, I found myself actually getting bored by it.

The plot wasn’t too bad.

Leo DiCaprio plays

a mercenary who exchanges weapons for diamonds and “helps” the main character find his family but, in reality, is only really after a diamond he lost.

I think the major problem is a good plot really gets lost in an effort by the movie to show just how the diamond trade industry causes hardships in third ...

• world countries because the money and weapons obtained from the diamonds are used to finance civil war.

That’s terrible and people should be made aware of it.

But, it really should be in documentary form rather than in a Hollywood movie like this because it really doesn’t have the same impact.

Maybe I’m a terrible person

for this, but I rent action films for the action; not to learn some sort of life lesson.

I’m probably not the best audience member for this film, which is why I’m going to give it a moderate grade rather than fail it completely.

I’m sure some people will enjoy it; it just happens that I wasn’t one of them.

Blood Diamond movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111207401080431/k2311a0712/7.12.08